USA (Worcester), January 8, 2008 Review

4.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Worcester), January 8, 2008 Reviewed by: SatanPriest, on february 04, 2008

Sound: I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the Ozzman, he could barely talk and his old age was catching up to him. I'm a Black Sabbath/Ozzy fan, but I was more excited to see Rob Zombie because I didn't think Ozzy had it in him anymore. I was wrong. Despite his old age and previous drug use he was awesome in concert. The first song, "I Don't Wanna Stop" had backing vocals on playback and it was so loud you couldn't hear his real voice. I don't know if this was on purpose or an error of the soundman, but the rest of the show sounded great and you could hear Ozzy's real voice clearly. Everyone in the band sounded great, but Zakk Wylde of course played more than the necessary amount of pinch-harmonics in every song, but he still sounded good. Ozzy sounded good but he would occasionally go off key, but I don't think anyone cared because he still sang well and he was a great frontman. // 9

Perfomance: Despite his age, Ozzy was a great performer. He would get the crowd to be as loud as they can and told everyone to "Go f--king Crazy!" between almost every song. You could tell he really cared about his fans and that he was performing for them, not just for the money. He had a lot of energy and whenever Zakk would whip out a solo he would spray foam on to the crowd. About halfway through the show Zakk did an extended 15 minute solo while someone (maybe Ozzy) controlled a camera that projected on two huge projection screens. The camera was aimed at the women in the audience Who would take off their shirts as expected. I didn't mind that but the solo go boring after awhile, at first it was impressive but it lost it's luster after 5 minutes. The performance of "I Don't Want to Change The World" was one of my favorites Live, the keyboardist harmonized with Ozzy during the chorus, it sounded amazing. Ozzy played all his best songs like Bark At the Moon, Suicide Solution, Mr. Crowley, Crazy Train, and a few others. He ended the show with two encores: "Mama, I'm Coming Home" and "Paranoid" that blew everyone away. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, this was one of the best concerts I've been too. Ozzy surprised me, I wasn't expecting much but he was better than many other bands I've seen Live. He's a great musician and performer Who really cares about the fans. I would defiantly go see him in concert again in a heart beat. For $40 for balcony seats to see In This Moment, Rob Zombie, and Ozzy Osbourne, I would say it's a f--king steal, I just wish I could have gotten the $100 tickets for the front row seats. // 10

More Ozzy Osbourne reviews rating latest review