UK (London), October 23, 2006 Review

Perfomance: 9
 4.5
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
UK (London), October 23, 2006 Reviewed by: joannamcbeth, on november 27, 2006

Sound: I will admit now that Panic! At The Disco are not my favourite band, in fact, they would probably not even be in my top 5 favourite bands, and after queuing up for what felt like years, outside in the rough streets of Brixton in the rain, I was beginning to think that they had better be good, for me to travel all the way up to London, and enter the streets of Brixton, to which my friends had warned me about the roughness of. When we got into the venue, and waited through the two support band for Panic! At The Disco I also began to think that this will have to be one heck of a performance for me to enjoy it. I had never been that squashed in my life, the fact that I was close the front wasn't helpful, considering some of the girls who were there (the only gender that was there, with the exception of a few males) would do almost do almost anything to get towards their favourite band, even if it meant shoving people out of the way. When Panic! came on, and "Time To Dance" began I realised immediately that I couldn't a) see a thing and b) hear a thing. There were people singing along to the words so loud that Brendon Urie's voice was drowned out. People were jumping up and down in front of me, so all I could see was their bodies. The small parts of the performance when I could actually hear the band were amazing. They are fairly good Live. I didn't really expect this. I think with Panic! at the disco, the vocals are better live than the music. // 7

Perfomance: Panic! At The Disco are known for their performances. They do not just go on stage and sing the songs just like their album. They put on shows. There was dancers, clowns and burlesque girls. There was a giant light up windmill behind them with a shining sun. I would say the show they put on was more entertaining than the actual music. 01. Time To Dance - this was the first song that they played. I couldn't hear much due to the screaming. Time To Dance is one of my personal favourites so I was glad they did that song. 02. The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage - another favourite, and a really good live track. 03. I Write Sins Not Tragedies - the song that made Panic! At The Disco, if it was possible, the audience were louder during this song, and screamed like the world was coming to an end when it started. 04. Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off - another song which they bought out so it had a huge reaction. During the "Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster" it was absolutely impossible to hear Brendon's voice, the audience screamed that part. 05. London Beckons Songs About Money Written By Machines - more cheering. More screaming. 06. It's Better If You Do - this was the songs where the burlesque dancers were in full swing, this was another song from the album, so it was also absolutely insane. Nails for breakfast, tacks for snacks: During this song I realised how much I used to love this band, a few months ago. Someone's head was in the way so I couldn't see anything, except sometimes Ryan Ross, guitarist and songwriter, who looks like he should still be at high school, rather than playing to thousands of teenagers. 07. Build God, Then We'll Talk - a more cabaret song, with more people jumping up and down. 08. There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet - perhaps the most cabaret song form the album. This song was also insane. Many people were being pulled out of the front during this song. 09. Camisado - one of my least favourite songs, but still people were jumping up and down and desperately pushing other people out of the way to get to the front. 10. I Constantly Thank God For Esteban - this was the one song which I could see something. I saw Brendon, the singer and Ryan Ross, the guitarist. Great song live and on the album. Panic! At The Disco also tried to do a Smashing Pumpkins and a Radiohead song (I say tried). // 9

Overall Impression: The concert was at London Brixton Academy in England on the 23rd October 2006. The support bands were Drive By argument and The Sounds. These were really good support bands. What I loved about the show was the performance that they put on, which is really unique for bands, especially four teenage boys who have only been around for a year. What I hated about the show was queuing up in the rain in Brixton. I found it confusing why they played four shows all in the same place over 4 days. they should have moved around the country, because not everyone lives near London and could get to Brixton easily. What I also hated about it was the audience. They were insane, trying so hard to get to the front and screaming their heads off. The ticket cost 14, which was quite cheap really. I think the most unforgettable moment was when I lost one of my shoes and my friends and was walking around Brixton in the dark (not a good idea). I think the only way I would go to another one of their concerts would be if it was a really cheap ticket, and they came close to where I live. I think Panic! At The Disco is a perfect name for them, because that was exactly what the concert was like panic! // 8

More Panic At The Disco reviews rating latest review