Argentina (Buenos Aires), February 24, 2011 Review

paramore: Argentina (Buenos Aires), February 24, 2011
 Perfomance: 10
 8.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
Argentina (Buenos Aires), February 24, 2011 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 25, 2011

Sound: It's been exactly one month since Paramore rocked Buenos Aires, Argentina. I actually hadn't thought of writing a review about it, but suddenly I felt like this had to be written somewhere. Paramore performed in the Luna Park venue, which is actually a little bit small but with a great acoustic. Hayley sang perfectly and the rest of the members of the band did amazing, too. A small punk-rock argentinian band called "Cirse" opened the show. They did great, but I didn't enjoy them much. I wanted Paramore. As you might have heard, there are new members replacing the Farro brothers. Well,I must say I didn't think they could do as well as the former musicians but my expectations were wrong. They are just as good as them. The sound was incredible. I couldn't tell if I was listening to a live concert or the studio album.They all improvised a little bit, sometimes making the songs more interesting than how they actually were. // 10

Perfomance: And of course, everybody loved them. Hayley jumped, shouted and danced up on stage.It was a real party and they seemed to be enjoying it as well. The audience was unbelievable, too. Every single person sang that night.Hayley and the guys looked surprised: they definitely didn't expect such crazy and loud people. In fact, Hayley stopped singing in the middle of "That's What You Get" to ask us not to hurt ourselves while we were jumping. There was a short intro before "Ignorance" made everybody go crazy. The clapping and the screaming -even my screaming- barely allowed me to listen the beggining of the song. Everybody sang it and enjoyed it. The next song was "Feeling Sorry", also from "Brand New Eyes"."That's What You Get" followed, making everyone jump and sing as loud as we could. They played "Crush Crush Crush", "For A Pessimistic I'm Pretty Optimistic" and "When It Rains" also from the album "Riot". And "Emerency" and "Pressure" from "All We Know Is Falliing".It was really exciting to listen to those old songs live, but the new ones took my breath away. "Careful", "Playing God", "The Only Exception", "Looking up", "Where The Lines Overlap", "Decode" and "Misguided Ghots" were also played from the album "Brand New Eyes" and they sounded amazing. The audience sang every single word that came out of Hayley's mouth, sometimes louder and sometimes deeper. People really enjoyed singing slow songs such as "The Only Exception" or "Misguided Ghosts" and they also sang an unreleased song called "In The Mourning". "Misery Business" and "Brick By Boring Brick" were the last two songs, which we all sang as loud as possible. // 10

Overall Impression: I loved their performance and the songs they played, but what I liked most was their simplicity. No glamorous outfits or extravagant decoration. Just a big courtain behind them with a "Paramore" on it. They were nice and funny, and they also thanked us for attending to the concert and buying original albums. The price of the ticket I bought was 220 pesos, which would be around 50 american dolars. It was absolutely not expensive and it was definitely worth paying. I just hope they're back soon. Argentina will be waiting eagerly for their arrival. // 10

More Paramore reviews rating latest review
+ Canada (Montreal), August 22, 2008 8.9 08/25/2008