Belgium (Brussels), February 1, 2007 Review

Perfomance: 9
 9.5
review (1) 5 comments vote for this concert:
Belgium (Brussels), February 1, 2007 Reviewed by: Eps123, on february 03, 2007

Sound: Well, I think we all know who is in this band. We have Mark and Travis from Blink 182, so this is meant to be a good show. Mark has great singing skills, no question, and he has shown this on this show. He has a great voice and he uses it extremely well. He can sing rough and slow songs, which was very enjoyable on this show. Shane Gallagher used his usual Fender guitar (black), Craig used all kinds of Gibsons especially his black one (which I like a lot). The drums were really cool, they had this glow in the dark thing going on, which was really cool after every song when the lights went out, because the only thing you could see was the drums glowing. Mark used his own Fender basses, that he always uses. The had it's problems from time to time, but maybe that was just because we were standing on the side closer to the guitar and drum amps. But it seemed as though the guitars and the drums were louder than the microphones, which was a shame, because I would have loved to have heard Mark's voice better. The guitars and drums sounded very good though. Good show. // 8

Perfomance: Well, I have practically been waiting all my life to see former Blink 182 members Live, and this was my chance and I'm glad I took it. The other members, Craig Farbough and Shane Callagher were amazing as well, expecially Craig's background singing skills. I enjoyed the show a lot. They played their whole album "When Your Heart Stops Beating" in chronological order. This means they played the songs in the order of the album. I agreed that they should open with the song "Lycanthrope", they attack hard and strong with it. Then, again, I was dissapointed, because, their number one hit, "When Your Heart Stops Beating" is the third song on the album, and so it was the third song on the gig, and it was a shame, because, they had already played their best song in the beginning. But the rest of the order was pretty much alright. They even played one of their new songs after the Encore. Great song. There weren't exactly special moments, only funny jokes by Mark, between songs. He challenged Craig to see Who could throw their pick the furthest. Eventually Mark won. Also, Craig and Shane kept on throwing picks at eachother during songs and at one point, Mark said: "Don't f--k with my friend Craig, Shane" and then Shane made the mistake of throwing a pick on Mark's head and Mark took Shanes microphone and threw it into the crowd, but it wasn't turned on or anything. To sum it all up, we had quite a good laugh with Mark. // 9

Overall Impression: Belgium, Brussels, Ancienne Belgique, 1st February 2007. They had two openers for their gig. The first one was "Our Lunar Activities" a Scottish band, which was very funny, because the singer's voice sounded like Placebo's Brian Molko's. It was scary how much their voices sounded alike. The second opener was my favourite: The Tommy's. It was a band that consisted of only girls. The singer and the drummer were awesome, they make amazing music. They were amazing openers. They asked us to form a marsh pit, and eventually the whole corwd was on top of eachother even before Plus 44 came on stage. The thing I loved about the show was, The Tommy's, but, hey, I'm a guy after all. And of course I got to see Blink-182 members Live which was something I had been waiting for a long time. The thing I hated about the show was the heat. It was waaay too hot in there, I was sweating like shit. The worst part ever, was the fact that Travis Landon Barker (I reckon you all know him) had cancelled this show due to arm problems and he was replaced by Gill, who was actually doing a really good job, trying to play instead of Travis. But one of the reasons I went, was to see Travis. I was so bummed when I found out he wouldn't be playing, but it was a good show after all. The tickets cost J20, but they were definetely worth it. Even if the price would go up, I would still pay the required amount to go again. The most unforgettable moment of the show was actually the moment Mark came on stage, and of course the marsh pit at The Tommy's. It was awesome. I would certainly go to their next gig, even if I had exams or anything, it was an amazing show and I wouldn't want to miss the next gig. // 10

More Plus 44 reviews rating latest review