UK (Manchester), February 6, 2005 Review

Perfomance: 10
 8.9
 7.8
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
UK (Manchester), February 6, 2005 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 10, 2005

Sound: It was an amazing sound! Just the pure quality of it, the thorb of the tricky bass lines, the heavy guitar riffs, all mixed with the astounding beat of Christoph's drumming skills and the keyboards adding Till Linderman's growling voice made that my night! Not only did Rammstein make that concert memorable, not only did Rammstein give that gig such a fantastic aura, they performed it. Till Linderman boiled the keyboardist in a chef's outfit. Flames singed the eyebrows of everyone in the pit and I caught a handful of red, white and blue confetti! Undoubtedly, Rammstein's unique way of enhancing a good night out hasn't run out just yet! Plus, they played my favorite ever song Moskau! // 10

Perfomance: I enjoyed it greatly. It was astounding! They played Reise Reise (perfect), Mein Teil (funny as hell, considering he boiled the bassist), Moskau (fantastic light effects and a female voice accomoanying Till), Keine Lust (pretty cool), Stripped (amazing - the latest song to be released), and Los (played with an acoustic guitar, and it included the keyboardist doing a goofy dance). At certain moments in the show, Till Linderman would come out, and bang his head, wich was funny. He also had flamethrowers attached to his arms, and was showered in sparks at the end of the show. Perfection in every way! // 10

Overall Impression: I really was a little annoyed that it was in Manchester, because I'm from Scotland, so I had to travel seven hours to reach the venue, and wait another half hour for the doors to open. But it was well worth it! Apocolyptika, a Finnish band, opened the show. Ville Valo from HIM and Lauri Ylonen from the Rasmus were meant ot appear, but they couldn't make it. Apocolyptika are if possible the most original band I've ever seen. They play overdrive guitar sounds, bass riffs and even shred using cellos! My favorite part was when they played the theme tune to ALton Towers it's still stuck in my head! I loved everything about the show except from the travelling and the wait to arrive in it. The tickets cost me twenty six pounds fifty, and it was well worth the money! An unforgettable moment was when the bassist, I think it was him, grabbed a black rubber dinghy, and literally rode across the crowd in it! I understand now why it's the 'concussion boat'. Will I go to their next gig? Hell yeah! // 10

More Rammstein reviews rating latest review
+ USA (New York), December 11, 2010 9.7 04/22/2011