USA (New York), December 11, 2010 Review

9.7
 9.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
USA (New York), December 11, 2010 Reviewed by: Mike7x, on april 22, 2011

Sound: The sound was frigging fantastic. I've never been to New York OR MSG before, but it sounded great. That being said, it was loud as F**K, but that is to be expected. I was blown away. Till Lindemann is the freaking man. Some of the vocals were hard to hear, but I knew what was goin' on. // 10

Perfomance: The performance was so intense. This goes without saying for Rammstein, but the pyro was incredible. The angel wings that shot fire, flamthrower/facemasks, a giant rifle that exploded all over shit, a big penis cannon that shot white confetti on the audience below (unfortunately my seats were upper level). Setlist! (with a quick thought) 01. Rammlied - Amazing opening. Great great great song. Definitely gave me goosebumps. 02. B******** - I've always thought this song was so-so, but when it was played I was just still so pumped that I freaked out. Now I love this song. 03. Weidmann's Hail - AMAZZZING tune. Loved the performance for this one. Till brings out a big rifle thingy that shoots shit out. 04. Keine Lust 05. Weisses Fleisch 06. Feuer Frei - Best metal performance ever. It was funny watching crowds of old people who worked for MSG crowding around to see WTF the big deal was with this band, which was followed by attaching flamethrowers to the faces of 2 or 3 of them (i cant remember who all was wearing them but I wanna say Paul and Richard were and possibly Till too.) 07. Weiner Blut 08. Fruhling In Paris - Beautiful tune. 09. Ich ti Dir Weh - I was waiting a long time for them to play this. Not only because it's a great song, but I wanted to see Till and Flake duke it out. 10. Du Riechst so gut 11. Benzin 12. Links 2-3-4 - This song is so EFFING powerful when it is played to a sold out stadium chanting along with it. MSG workers now convinced that they are housing a Nazi rally... 13. Du Hast - Honestly don't care for this song, but I suppose it has to be played... 14. Pussy - GREAT closer GREAAAAAT song GREAAAAT dick cannon shooting all over the people in the pit area encore: 15. Sonne 16. Haifisch - One of my favorite songs ever. Glad they saved the best for later, but the anticipation to hear this song was horrible 17. Ich Will - Another powerful song when played to the huge audience. good shittt 18. Engel - I've never really been into this song. Or at least I wasn't till I heard it played live. AMAZING song. SWEEET closer. Flaming angel wings are the coolest f--king goddam thing I've ever seen. // 10

Overall Impression: Madison Square Garden: overrated Rammstein: underrated. This was the most amazing show I've ever seen and Rammstein isn't even one of my favorite bands. It was so amazing. The only disappointment was that I couldn't see Flake the whole show because of where we were seated, but nonetheless, it was so amazing. Combichrist opened. They're not bad. The tickets were like 80 bucks, worth it, but I had to fly from Wisconsin. I spent a lot, but now I have a sweeet Rammstein flag in my room! The next gig? Well I could see them in Chicago next month, seeing as how that's soooooooooooo much closer, but I won't be attending the show unfortunately. Amazing show. // 10

More Rammstein reviews rating latest review
+ UK (Manchester), February 2, 2010 9.8 02/04/2010