UK (Manchester), October 29, 2004 Review

8.9
 7.7
reviews (2) user comments vote for this concert:
UK (Manchester), October 29, 2004 Reviewed by: Jay_Lee, on november 04, 2004

Sound: The sound was very good, the guitar, very strong and powerful, the bass and drums I didn't really pay attention too. Me being a guitarist thats what I tend to look out for lol, but I didn't notice anything wrong or bad about the drums bass and vocals, so yes, the sound was very good, very pleased with it. // 10

Perfomance: There performance, however much I like the Rasmus, was very poor, they barely moved around the stage, and whever they did move about. It was very slowly, not much energy onn stage. The songs they played where all played brilliantly though, changed slightly to give it that live effect but still, I was dissapointed with the overall performance, especially when they all sat down, on chairs, like westlife or something, and did an acoustic session fo about 4 songs. It was way to pop, and what was the biggest dissapointment to me in the whole gig, was the fact that one of the best songs on the album is called back in the picture. It's a very fast and kick ass guitary song, but they played it acoustic! So all the solo's wernt played, it was worse than just the ryhthem on the guitar couse it was all chords on the acoustic guitar! Very poor. // 4

Overall Impression: England, Manchester, Manchester Apollo, 29th October 2004. The only support band was a typical cliche rock band called Hidingplace. The ticket cost me only 16.50 so it was a very cheap gig, so yes, I would say considering I wasnt fully pleased with the performance, that price was reasonable. The most unforgettable part of the show, other than finding my french teacher standing right in front of me! Or my best friend fainting on me and me havin to carry HIM to the first aid room an get HIM some water, lol, would have been the performanc of in the shadows, although as I sed, the energy level of the band was very low, I've always wanted to hear that song live, it was the only reason I went. Yes I will go to there next gig, but only in hope that they put on a better show. // 6

UK (Manchester), October 29, 2004 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 04, 2005

Sound: The sound was excelent. The vocals were strong along with the guitar. I didn't pay attentio to the bass much and the drums were good. They did a few acoustic versions of their songs. They were not as good as the original versions. The sound quality was also good. // 10

Perfomance: The audience enjoyed them, me and others in the croud were constantly moving. They sang many songs of 'Dead Letters': 'In The Shadows', 'Time To Burn', 'F-f-f-falling', 'First Day Of My Life'. They also played some older songs. The lights and how they effected the show were brilliant. On the first song 'guilty' the lights were from behind them and all you could see was the silhouette of the band members. // 8

Overall Impression: I went to the gig in Manchester Apollo 30th November. I do not remember Who opened the gig, thats how bad and boring they was. The ticket was quite reasonable, about 35 with coach travel. I hated how long it took to get into the building and how small the inside entrance/merchandise section was. The most unforgetable part of the gig is that I was really close to the stage and could see every member and everything they did, that somethimes wasn't much! // 8

More Rasmus reviews rating latest review
+ Greece (Thessaloniki), January 29, 2006 6.8 04/01/2006