USA (Denver), August 18, 2006 Review

red hot chili peppers: USA (Denver), August 18, 2006
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Denver), August 18, 2006 Reviewed by: fargo, on june 01, 2007

Sound: The sound was incredible. Very good balance between all the instruments and vocals. Clean tones and thunderous lows. Sounded just like the CD's except they like to improv. Singing was awesome. He did a good job, every once in awhile he would hit a bad note but not everyone is perfect. The bass stood out a lot which is a good thing, and Flea is the best bass player ever. John has the best guitar tone I've heard live. Chad's drums are ultra powerful. // 10

Perfomance: The audience couldn't get enough of the Peppers that night. They opened with Can't Stop which blew me away on how good it was. It made the people start to dance! Can't Stop, Dani California, Scar Tissue, 21st Century, Funky Monks, By The Way, Strip My Mind, Don't Forget Me, Right on time, Snow ((Hey Oh)), They're Red Hot, Charlie, Tell Me Baby, Under the Bridge, Me and My Friends, Blood Sugar Sex Majik, Give it away were the songs. A very wide variety, which is good. Anthony made fun of a guy in the front row that was wearing an ACDC t-shirt. Funky Monks was a request from a guy that won a radio contest. Visual effects were outstanding. Lighting was awesome because it extended over the crowd. Chad had light up drums. Give It Away was probably my highlight because it's such a powerful groove that gets the whole place going. // 10

Overall Impression: It was in Denver Colorado USA at the Pepsi Center on August 18, 2006. The Mars Volta opened. Very energetic in their own way. They have so many things going on at once in their music. I loved everything about the whole experience. The only thing I would change being able to be in the front row. I payed 120 bucks off of StubHub for my tickets. Well worth the money, I would have payed for if I had too! The opening and closing of RHCP's set will always stick in my mind. I would go to their next gig if they are ever near me again. No Doubt. Go see them if you get the chance! // 10

More Red Hot Chili Peppers reviews rating latest review