USA (Inglewood), August 31, 2006 Review

Perfomance: 10
 8.5
review (1) 3 comments vote for this concert:
USA (Inglewood), August 31, 2006 Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 16, 2006

Sound: On August 31, 2006, I went to The Forum (Great Western Forum) and had possibly the greatest time of my life. Red Hot Chili Peppers, the greatest band of all time was within one-hundred feet of me, and they were putting on the greatest show ever! Anthony Kiedis' voice was at least as amazing as it is on all of the albums. John, Who's definitely the greatest guitarist still playing in a band, could not have dissapointed even somebody Who hated this great band. Chad was absoloutely pounding the drums so fast that you couldn't tell which drum he was hitting. Flea doesn't really need an explanation, he's the greatest bassist ever! The sound was just as good as listening to a CD, but one-thousand times as exciting! Just being there was fantastic. // 10

Perfomance: The Red Hot Chili Peppers played all the greatest songs (exception of "Under The Bridge"), and even one oldie from '87. The audience was hooked on every song and solo that they played. The opening band (Mars Volta) was absoloutely terrible, but making fun of them later was very fun. When they got kicked off, Chad, John, and Flea came out and soloed for a few minutes, and it was amazing! When Anthony came out, they played "Can't Stop", with John improvising part of the intro, and keeping every note on beat while managing to put on a great performance. The improved live solo sounded great, and added to the enjoyment of the song. They played so many songs I can't even remember all of the highlights. Other "stand out" songs (that I remember) were "Dani California", "Scar Tissue", "Stadium Arcadium, "Charlie", "Tell Me Baby", "Don't Forget Me", "Right On Time", "Californication", "Throw Away Your Television", "Give it Away", "By The Way", "Soul To Squeeze", and even "Me And My Friends" (remember about that oldie? ). I had heard for reviews and video sound that "Dani California" was weak live, but it was complete bull crap. It was one of the best sounding songs of the concert! "Scar Tissue" was a memorable song. The three other Stadium Arcadium songs, "Stadium Arcadium", "Charlie", and "Tell Me Baby" all had great effects and sound. The crowd went wild at the famous riff of "Don't Forget Me", and the following, "Me and My Friends" revived the sound of the old rap-rock sound they used to have (it was great too), and could be considered one of the most well done songs of the concert. "Right On Time" dissapointed nobody, and "Californication began with a long solo, and worked it's way up to the great live solo. With them beginning to reach the end of the concert, they played greatest hits such as "Give it Away", and "Throw Away Your Television". They both were great and lead up to the final (kind of) act. "By the Way", the closing song was as wonderful as any other song could possibly have been. The crowd was singing every word, and the only better closing song possible would be "Under the Bridge". We had no idea how to call for an Encore, so the whole crowd just cheered for five minutes, until Chad came out! He drummed his soul out for five minutes, and the whole band reunited on stage. The Encore started up with "Soul To Squeeze", and many other songs followed. The concert ended with a ten minute, completely improvised jam session of solos between Flea and John. When the show ended, I was disappointed that it had ended, but I had enough great memories. // 10

Overall Impression: The concert was held at The Great Western Forum in Inglewood, California in the USA. The opener as mentioned was not very good, but managed to pass some time til RHCP came out. I received the tickets for free from our good friend who works at KROQ. I loved every moment of the show, and will never forget it as long as I live. I couldn't say I disliked anything about the concert, but could show disappointment of the absence of "Under the Bridge" (my personal favorite). Considering I got the tickets free, it was more than worth the money, but would be worth it if the tickets had cost $1000 or more! Every moment was remarkable and unforgettable, and I will definitely go see them the very next oppurtunity I have. If you have not seen The Red Hot Chili Peppers live, please make your life worthwhile and see them. You will leave with the amazing thoughts it leaves me. // 10

More Red Hot Chili Peppers reviews rating latest review