USA (New York), May 9, 2006 Review

artist: red hot chili peppers date: 05/11/2006 category: live concerts
red hot chili peppers: USA (New York), May 9, 2006
Even though they performed in a relaively small room, it sure was a well decorated set with lots of lights, fog/smoke machines, and colorful designs. Despite how loud they sounded, as a whole, the band sounded unbelievable!
 Perfomance: 10
 9.9
 9.8
review (1) 8 comments vote for this concert:
USA (New York), May 9, 2006 Reviewed by: h2daenick, on may 11, 2006

Sound: Last night I was lucky to be at a concert that I will remeber for the rest of my life. The performance by the band really blew me away. Also, the fact that less than one hundred people were there made it feel exclusive (I was part of a studio audience) I have heard many differednt things about the sound of the Red Hot Chili Peppers at their concerts, like that Anthony's voice is weak when it's live. I found this far from the truth. Anthony's voice sounded amazing, just like it does on their CDs. He also had wild dance moves such as jumping around and off the bass drum, and his tie that read "lesbian" added a cool affect. As for Flea and John, the sounds from their instruments was amazing, as well as thier vocals. I noticed that Flea played with a Fender jazz bass, and John swithced off playing many different Vintage Fender Stratocasters. Finally, Chad was incredible on the drums using many rapid fills. Despite how loud they sounded, as a whole, the band sounded unbelievable! // 10

Perfomance: I found this to be by far the best performance that I have seen by any band. The Red Hot Chili Peppers have a unique style of performing far from anyother. As I stood front row (I could literally touch the stage with my hand) I watched Flea break grounds with his style of playing. I had never seen anything like it! And like I said before, Anthony really added a cool affect with his dancing. I found it nice that they played some of their songs from their new album "Stadium Arcadium" such as Charlie, Dani California, Snow (Hey Oh), and also played their greatest hits like Can't Stop, Scar Tissue, Soul to Squeeze, and By The Way. To kick off the show Flea and Chad solo'd for a little bit, and then the crowd went wild when they began to play Can't Stop. The only song that I noticed a weakness on was Dani California. Even though everyone loved it, I expected more from it and felt that Anthony's voice sounded better on the cd for this particular song. People sang along to all of the words to their hits and I could tell that everyone began to feel a positive vibe from the songs on the new album. Also, everyone enjoyed when when Flea spoke in between songs and told his crazy stories about the most random things. The set was spectacular. Even though they performed in a relaively small room, it sure was a well decorated set with lots of lights, fog/smoke machines, and colorful designs (typical for a TV perfromance gig). If you want to see this for yourself, it will be broadcasted on May 20th on Fuse TV (I think). // 10

Overall Impression: The performance was held on Tuesday May 9, 2006, in a Fuse studio in New York City for televisoin broadcast purposes. I was lucky enough that my friend was able to get tickets so I didn't have to pay a thing!! I absolutely loved the way they performed! My favorite part was when they played Soul to Squeeze (my personal favorite of their hits) and my memory that I will take with me is that I was handed one of Chad's drumsticks, John's pick, and I met and shook hands with Flea, the best bassist in the world. Overall it was without a doubt worth my time and obviously worth the price ($0 for me). The performance was outstanding and I can't wait untill October 17th to go to their conert in NJ. // 10

More Red Hot Chili Peppers reviews rating latest review