Belgium (Meerhout), April 30, 2005 Review

artist: rise against date: 05/06/2005 category: live concerts
rise against: Belgium (Meerhout), April 30, 2005
The sound was brilliant. It was projected out from what must have been 30 amps to an arena holding 6,000+ people. The audience went mental. During the opener everyone was pushed forwards and mosh pits broke out immediatly.
 Perfomance: 10
 9.1
 8.2
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
Belgium (Meerhout), April 30, 2005 Reviewed by: snbritishfreak, on may 06, 2005

Sound: The sound was brilliant. It was projected out from what must have been 30 amps to an arena holding 6,000+ people. I was about half the way back and I could hear everything really well. The singer belted out every song and neither the vocals or instruments out did each other. The bass literally moved the floor and the cymbal crashes and guitar riffs were blasted throughout the entire arena. // 10

Perfomance: The audience went mental. During the opener everyone was pushed forwards and mosh pits broke out immediatly. Excellent. I'm not positive of the order but it should be about right. 01. To Them These Streets Belong - everyone sang out the opening lines and when the guitar came in everyone behind surged forward and caused a massive mosh pit. People climbed up the metal posts that held up the tent and launched themselves into the crowd. Madness. 02. Anywhere But Here - though not one of my personal favorites but played very well. 03. Broken English - done very well and had me along with everyone else in the arena singing along. 04. Like The Angel - I love this song and apprently 6,000 belgians love it too. Everyone sang along and a man carring beer behind me got knocked and his beer went over me. 05. State Of The Union - he began this song by saying "Thres a country in this world who thinks it can lie to everyone else. That country is America" at this thousands of middle fingers went to the air amoung loads of boos. This got the crowd ready for the fast paced onslaught which is "State Of The Union." 06. Blood To Bleed - this was funny because the bass line at the beggining was cocked up. But he said "Lets try that again" aced the line and the crowd was jumping and back to it usual self in no time! 07. Heaven Knows - great song and the crowd was still going crazy. 08. Dancing For Rain - they took a break to make sure the clean mode on their amps was working to get into the slow intro and then blasted the riffs following and the moshewrs had a great time! 09. Black Masks And Gasoline - I love this song and the people around me went nuts. Jumping around, crowdsurfing and singing along. Excellent atmospere. 10. Give It All - a great finisher. Everyone sang along, moshed, crowdsurfed (including myself) and jumped abut going nuts. Absolutly brilliant. My favorite part was crowdsurfing because it was my first time at an actual concert and I loved it. I fell on a guy and he asked if I was ok and threw me rite back up. I nearly fell again and got chucked into the air and I flew for a good 2 or 3 seconds. So much fun. If you live in Belgian I recommend Groezrock festival! // 10

Overall Impression: This was at the Groezrock festival in Meerhout, Belgium on the 30th of April, 2005. Before watching Rise Against I saw From Automn To Ashes and Strike Anyhwere. Both were extremely impressive. During FATA on their last song loads of people from the crowd got on the stage and dived rite back into the crowd it was unbeleiveable. And during Strike Anywhere an impressively massive circle pit was formed. My ticket was a mere 31 euros which is incredible value for a 20 band festival includeing such names as Rise Against, Lagwagon, Hatebreed, Mad Caddies, From Automn To Ashes, Coheed And Cambria, Flogging Molly, Strike Anywhere amoung others. Completely worth the money! Lack of tits was a shame tho. Only one when a chicks shirt was pulled while she jumped onto the stage. This is rise agaisnts 3rd Groezrock attendence and I will definalty be there for their fourth! // 10

More Rise Against reviews rating latest review