USA (Saskatoon), July 30, 2006 Review

artist: rob zombie date: 10/11/2006 category: live concerts
rob zombie: USA (Saskatoon), July 30, 2006
Rob was great, he sounds as good as he does on album, John 5 and PD did well. Everyone went absolutely wild when Zombie's intro started.
 Perfomance: 10
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
USA (Saskatoon), July 30, 2006 Reviewed by: Machanix, on october 11, 2006

Sound: Rob was great, he sounds as good as he does on album, John 5 and PD did well. The drumming was nothing short of perfect. John 5 used many different guitars. He used a Gibson Les Paul Gold Top, a Gibson SG Double Neck Cherry, and as well as his custom Fender Telecasters. I'm not sure what kind of basses PD used because he was on the other side of the stage. The drummer (no, I don't know his name) used his blue see-through drum kit, and Rob, he used a standard mic. The sound was spectacular. The power of the drum kit was enough to knock you off of your feet. The rig John 5 used was brutal, and my ears rang for 3 days after the concert. Of course there was the band Who opened helped a great deal with that. // 10

Perfomance: Everyone went absolutely wild when Zombie's intro started. On the big screens he had up Blood In The Sawdust started playing and there was a display of horses running. It went black and the band came out in skeleton costumes and opened with American Witch. I can't really remeber the setlist however because for the first 20 minutes or so the drunk jackasses Who went crowd surfing kept me ducking the whole damn time. I really started to enjoy the show when Rob asked as if we had any of the old White Zombie records lying around. He told John 5 to play "some old shit" when he played the intro riff to Thunderkiss '65 and then stopped. Immediatly he was booed. He laughed and said he thought that would haoppen. "Haha, I knew that would happen. What do you guys want man? That was the whole riff!" was his exact quote. After that they did the song and the set list continued to kick ass from there. About an hour into the set Zombie stopped because some guy was ordering food. "Look at this guy over here, come on man! What is so good over there that you gotta eat during the show, man?" he asked. "Look at HIM, we can't even distract him from his pretzel! Well, we ain't playing another song until you get your ass over here." Needless to say he came back to the crowd as soon as he seen some of the fans. // 10

Overall Impression: The concert was July 30th, 2006, Prarieland Park, in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. The most kick ass legendary band opened for them. You might know them as Anthrax. I loved everything about the gig, it's one of the best ones I've ever been to. The only thing I don't like is that Zombie and Anthrax didn't have long enough sets (2.5 hours each would've made my night). The tickets were $40 canadian, and it was worth every damned penny, hell I would've paid more. The most unforgettable moments were all the ass and titties I grabbed (all were accidental however). If Rob ever comes this way again, I will most definately go to it, cost is not an option when you get to see a show as great as this. // 10

More Rob Zombie reviews rating latest review