UK (Rivermead), July 29, 2005 Review

artist: Robert Plant And The Strange Sensation date: 09/05/2005 category: live concerts
Robert Plant And The Strange Sensation: UK (Rivermead), July 29, 2005
The sound was very good, some of the synthesizers overpowered the guitars, which ruined some top class riffs. But overall good.
 Perfomance: 10
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
UK (Rivermead), July 29, 2005 Reviewed by: duncang, on september 05, 2005

Sound: Robert Plant, live. I was born 15 years after '77, so I never got a chance to be at a Led Zep concert, but this was great, Singer skills? What do you think, it's Robert Plant! They used guitars (one guitarist using 7 different guitars), a bass guitar, very fast drum kit, synthesisers and occasional piano and bongos. The sound was very good, some of the synthesisers overpowered the guitars, which ruined some top class riffs. But overall good. // 8

Perfomance: I loved every moment, the only letdown was how much of a cock the 2nd guitarist was! He pranced around the stage like a prick thinking he was best, even though he played rhythm! The better other bloke just stood there playing, just as he should. Rob was doing a bit of cha-cha-ing, which looked a bit silly since these days he looks like Billy Conolly. // 10

Overall Impression: It was in WOMAD festival, Reading in England, a good festy overall, there were no openers, and the best thing about the show was the drummer, he was bloody amazing. He should be in a bigger band than some backing outfit to Robert Plant. But Plant himself was amazing too, he hasnt lost any of his vocal skill. The tickets were free, because you got a free child ticket for each adult, and I went with my mates dad, so it was way more than worth it! No free drinks sadly, and nom I'm 12! I wouldn't go to their next gig because they charge 30 quid! And only one of my very favourite bands would I pay that to go see. But a great experience, especially since the guy next to me looked just like Robert Plant in the Zep era! // 10

More Robert Plant And The Strange Sensation reviews rating latest review