UK (Sheffield), August 27, 2006 Review

9.9
 9.7
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
UK (Sheffield), August 27, 2006 Reviewed by: benjo48, on january 04, 2007

Sound: It was their last ever tour but Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie are still rockin! I was sat quite near the front and so had a pretty good view of the stage and the sound quality couldn't be faulted. Daryl Jones was playing bass for the band on this tour and he was ace. // 9

Perfomance: The atmoshphere was incredible and the crowd was uncontrolable. The band started off the show with Jumping Jack Flash as always. Unfortunately I only saw the beginning and the end of this song as some fat mess tried to steal my seat so I had to go get security. They played all their old and new hits such as Start Me Up, Satisfaction, Tumblin' Dice, Sympathy for the Devil, Honkey Tonk Women and Let's Spend the Night Together. At one point in the show the roadies came out and pushed the drum kit and Charlie into the middle of the stage and the rest of the band gathered at the front of the drum kit. The stage underneath the band started moving up and down a long platform. Towards the end of the show the stage was surrounded by fire, which was pretty sick! // 10

Overall Impression: I saw the show in Sheffield, England on Sunday the 27th of August. Paulo Nutini was supporting the band, he wasn't bad but I was disappointed as I had heard that the Kooks were supporting at earlier gigs. The band didn't play Paint it Black which sucked as I was kinda looking forward to it. The ticket put me back about 140, which is the most I have ever payed for a concert ticket but it was definatly worth it. // 10

More Rolling Stones reviews rating latest review