Canada (Toronto), September 19, 2007 Review

artist: rush date: 09/24/2007 category: live concerts
rush: Canada (Toronto), September 19, 2007
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
Canada (Toronto), September 19, 2007 Reviewed by: rush4life, on september 24, 2007

Sound: I have waited a very long time to see Rush Live, and I'm very glad that I finally did. Of course you can tell by my user name that this review will be slightly biased, but I don't care. The biggest appeal of the band is their amazing live shows, and well over thirty years after their formation, they still sound amazing. Geddy's voice is great, and he can still hit those high notes. His bass was great tone, and the mix on the whole was really great. Nothing overwhelmed anything else, and each performer came through clearly. Alex showed off plenty of his guitar magic, with those amazing tones he has. I love his tone, and Live they sounded fantastic. He stuck to using Les Pauls the entire night, except the Encore where he used his 355. Almost all of his Les Pauls had Floyd Rose tremolos, which I thought was pretty unique. // 10

Perfomance: This is where I may differ from other people who have seen this show. A man sitting next to my friend was complaining at intermission about how they weren't playing enough "old stuff" and too many new songs. Sorry, but it is the "Snakes and Arrows" tour. You can't not expect them to play from the album they are trying to promote. Just a pet peeve of mine. There was also the amazing drum solo by Neil which was by far the best I've heard, compared to the other Live DVD's and shows. It was very long, and the ending was fantastic. There was also some funny videos between songs, even a South Park video of the kids trying to play Tom Sawyer (funny stuff). The pyro was well done, and it really added to the show, but didn't distract a lot from the music. // 10

Overall Impression: The show was in Canada, in Toronto at the Air Canada Center. It took place on September 19, 2007. Since Rush doesn't have openers, the show was nice a long, and every die-hard fan got their money's worth out of this show. Considering I own every studio album, I love basically all of their material, so no matter what the setlist was, I wasn't going to be disappointed. If they go on tour again, I will definitely go, but right now I'll just hope for one more album, before they decide to call it quits. // 10

More Rush reviews rating latest review
+ Live At BB&T Center, Sunrise, FL, April 26, 2013 9.3 05/06/2013