Live at Dodge Theatre, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, July 27, 2010 Review

artist: scorpions date: 07/11/2014 category: live concerts
scorpions: Live at Dodge Theatre, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, July 27, 2010
The sound was... decent. I mean, it was good, but there were a few areas I felt that could've been improved. The guitars were of a good volume, but it could've been louder.
 Perfomance: 10
 9.4
 8.7
reviews (2) user comments vote for this concert:
Live at Dodge Theatre, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, July 27, 2010 Reviewed by: Powerageman, on july 30, 2010

Sound: The sound was....decent. I mean, it was good, but there were a few areas I felt that could've been improved. The guitars were of a good volume, but it could've been louder. On a few occasions the bass was louder than the guitars. The vocals were good. The volume of it, though, sometimes got lost in the guitars. But the drums were probably the best part of the show. I mean, there was no problem with the volume of them what-so-ever, and the playing skills were great. Rudolph Shenker had his usual Flying V guitars. Matthias had his Fender Stratocaster and Gibson Explorers. Overall, the sound was ok, but it could've been alot better. // 7

Perfomance: I enjoyed the show, and it seems that so did the people around me. Set list: 01. Sting In The Tail 02. Make It Real 03. Bad Boys Running Wild 04. The Zoo 05. Coast To Coast 06. Loving You Sunday Morning 07. The Best Is Yet To Come 08. Wind Of Change 09. Holiday 10. Raised on Rock 11. Tease Me Please Me 12. Dynamite 13. Kottak Attack (Drum solo) 14. Blackout 15. Six String Sting (guitar Solo by Matthias) 16. Big City Nights Encore: 17. Arizona 18. No One Like You 19. Rock You Like A Hurricane The really special moment was when they played "Arizona", I guess in honor of phoenix, AZ. From what I looked up this was a song they only played in Arizona. So, it was nice to hear this song again. // 10

Overall Impression: The show was played in Phoenix, AZ, USA on July 27th, 2010 at the Dodge Theatre. This was a Sold-out show. The opener for the show was Tesla. They did ok, but there were some hardcore tesla fans who were loud about their opinion that tesla was better then the Scorpions. I disagree, but thats my opinion. I loved the setlsit of the show. It was made to be a sort of Greatest hits setlist. The only think I didnt like was the sound quality. I feel it could've been better. The ticket was only around $35, so I do have to say, it was well-worth it. A very unforgettable moment was The drum solo AKA, Kottack attack. Another one was the Guitar solo by Matthias Jabs. Both of them were just amazing. Unfortunetly, from what they say, this was their Farewell tour. But if they were ever to come and do another tour I probably WOULD go again. Overall, this show was great, because I got to say one of THE bands that made the 80's amazing! // 8

Live at Dodge Theatre, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, July 27, 2010 Reviewed by: clio5150, on july 11, 2014

Sound: From where I was seated, the sound was fairly clear. I could easily hear all of the individual musicians and nothing was over powering or too subtle. Overall, the quality was very decent. The singer still sounded just as amazing as ever, although he is getting older, you definitely could not guess that his voice would still sound just as melodic and powerful as it has always been, and if I could guess, I would say that his voice will remain the same no matter how old he is. I couldn't tell from where I was seated what instruments they used, but they sounded great as always! // 7

Perfomance: I enjoyed them more than I can describe! They played their album "Blackout" and it was absolutely incredible! I could easily name each song they played within the first minute, as they played them nearly identical to the CD. "Rock You Like a Hurricane" was nothing short of perfect. It sounded just like it had on recordings, if not better! And I can remember singing along and rocking out to it! Holiday nearly brought me to tears, as it had sounded so beautiful and more amazing than I could have even imagined. His voice just silenced everyone in the room and everyone loved it! "Blackout" sounded great as well! Everyone was singing along and dancing like crazy! (Who could blame them?) // 10

Overall Impression: Phoenix Arizona, July 27, 2010, Dodge Theatre. I can not remember who opened for them, but I know that they rocked the house! The show was absolutely worth the money as it was my one and only chance to be able to see them live! They play just as good live, if not better, than listening to them on a CD! The most unforgettable moment was definitely hearing them play "Holiday." Me, along with everyone in the audience, was near tears. The whole atmosphere completely was altered the second they started playing this song. We were all so moved by hearing them play it live and so well at that! Since it was their farewell tour I don't think that they will be coming back here (unfortunately) but it's okay, because they had a good, long run in their touring career and left me with an experience I will never forget! // 10

More Scorpions reviews rating latest review
+ USA (New York), June 22, 2010 9.4 11/05/2010