Canada (Edmonton), October 18, 2009 Review

artist: slipknot date: 10/21/2009 category: live concerts
slipknot: Canada (Edmonton), October 18, 2009
Corey Taylor sounded fantastic in a live setting. In fact, he sounded better at the concert than on Slipknot's live CD.
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
Canada (Edmonton), October 18, 2009 Reviewed by: allanon88, on october 21, 2009

Sound: This was my first time seeing Slipknot live and I knew it was going to be good but oh my god it was good! Corey Taylor sounded fantastic in a live setting. In fact, he sounded better at the concert than on Slipknot's live cd. All of the instruments were balanced volume wise which obviously would be a challenge considering Slipknot is a nine-piece band but no instrument stood out more than the others. I was standing right in front of the stage so the sound was almost deafening so earplugs might be a good idea. Other than that the concert sounded awesome! Mick Thompson used hid line of signature Ibanez guitar and Jim Root used his signater Telecaster as well as a Gibson(?) flying-v. // 10

Perfomance: I have been to many a metal show and none of them had as much energy from both the band and the crowd. Almost every person in the crowd was singing along with the lyrics. Here is a list of songs they played in no particular order: -eyeless -psychosocial -people=shit -dead memories -wait and bleed -surfacing -(sic) -disasterpiece -my plague -the blister exists -duality -vermilion -before I forget -sulfur Encore -snuff -spit it out (I can't remember if they played everything ends of if I was just listening to it before the show) The entire set was mayhem on stage with clown and chris fehn's drums lifting on hydraulics to sid wilson hanging from clown's drums the signature baseball bat and beer keg percussion. This was easily the most visually and energenically satisfying concert I have ever experienced. // 10

Overall Impression: The show was at the shaw conference centre in Edmonton Alberta Canada on the 18th of October. The Deftones opened the show and I am not personally a huge fan of them, but they put on a good show. Tickets were around 70$ CDN but I would have payed more as this is one of my all time favorite bands ever. When Slipknot comes back to Alberta I will definitely be there! The best concert I have attended hands down. // 10

More Slipknot reviews rating latest review
+ UK (Birmingham), December 7, 2008 9.9 01/16/2009