UK (Birmingham), December 7, 2008 Review

artist: slipknot date: 01/16/2009 category: live concerts
slipknot: UK (Birmingham), December 7, 2008
Corey, the singer, was amazing! He put on an excellent show and you could feel the passion coming through as he's just gone through a divorce. With all 9 of them in front of a screaming crowd, giving it their all, they deserve more than a whole load of chavs saying "Ahhhh!"
 Perfomance: 10
 9.9
 9.7
review (1) 4 comments vote for this concert:
UK (Birmingham), December 7, 2008 Reviewed by: Engage Dist, on january 16, 2009

Sound: Corey, the singer, was amazing! He put on an excellent show and you could feel the passion coming through as he's just gone through a divorce. With all 9 of them in front of a screaming crowd, giving it their all, they deserve more than a whole load of chavs saying "Ahhhh! I'm in Slipknot! I'm a retard." All of them gave an amazing show with 3 guitars 1 singer 1 drummer 1 keyboard and 4 percussionists! // 9

Perfomance: Slipknot played all our favourite songs. They opened with Surfacing: I thought the studio copy was good, but it's nothing compared to Live! 30000 people singing along! They then played on through the night and some honourable mentions include: Psychosocial, amazing, Dead Memories, every one was singing to this one, Spit It Out (which included the famous jump where everyone in the mosh pit was kneeling and right when the chorus started, they all jumped at the same time! ), Before I Forget, of course, perhaps the best song on the night. But for me, the last song was unbeatable. (Sic), Slipknot's most legendary song was the finisher, but what a way to end! Joey Jordison(drummer) was in the middle of an insane drum solo when his drum kit raised about 20ft in the air! While he was still playing his solo, the drum kit tilted to a 90 degree angle and then spun around! So he was playing his amazing solo while upside-down! // 10

Overall Impression: On that one cold night 7th December 2008, in Birmingham, I had the best time of my life! First of all when we tried to get in, the guards said our tickets were fake!!!! I'd spent 90 in all for me my friend and my dad to go and wasn't allowed in!! I was pretty peed off so we spent half an hour queueing to get more tickets at the box office and so missed the Children Of Bodom support act! Machine Head were there as support as well. They were amazing and played there best song, Halo. They got the mosh pit going and were chucking full plastics cups into the crowd! I highly recomend going to see their next gig. // 10

More Slipknot reviews rating latest review
+ Canada (Edmonton), October 18, 2009 10 10/21/2009