UK (Blackburn), November 25, 2005 Review

status quo: UK (Blackburn), November 25, 2005
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) 3 comments vote for this concert:
UK (Blackburn), November 25, 2005 Reviewed by: belavista man, on april 26, 2006

Sound: Their playing was fantastic, I should know because I was stood right next the stage, on the balcony, directly next to one of the speakers! We (me and Greg) caught full blast of what Francis was playing and singing, which was nice, but deafening. The Sound couldn't really have been any better. // 10

Perfomance: Again fantastic, there is no other band in the world that can please a crowd as much as Status Quo can. The Quo were made for stage performances, the same as The Rolling Stones, Queen and many other bands like them were. // 10

Overall Impression: England, Blackburn, King Georges Hall, 25th November 2005. As me and Greg (Greg Harper, Also a member on UG) settled down to watch the support band, Paul Camilleri (Brilliant band) play, I thought that Quo were going to sound a little louder, but I didn't expect what was to come. As Paul Camilleri left and their roadies began to clear their equipment away, I began to feel extatic as the lights dimmed slightly, and people began to chant 'Quo' at the top of their voices. The thing that really woke me up then was the magic chords of Caroline coming from a guitar, somewhere behind the 'Party Ain't Over Yet' embedded curtain. Then, we say everyone below us run to the front of the stage and everyone else stand up and start playing 'Air-guitar' in the classic 'Quo' movement. That's when I realised that the curtain had dropped. Everyone on the balcony where I was, were clapping, though their hands must have been hurting from the ammount that they were clapping, so I joined in with the clapping and singing. At the end of Caroline, me and Greg still happened to be clapping, then, when we looked at the stage, Andy Bown himself was giving us the signal in a jokey gesture to stop. Moments like this happened throughout the gig. John Edwards waved at us and sent us gestures of jokes whilst Francis did the same. Sadly though, Rick was at the other side of the stage, and didnt see us. But I can't really complain, I was in the same room as the living legends themselves, Status Quo. The main highlight for me would probobly be when they swapped hands on guitars in Gurdundula (I also enjoyed the drum solo in Gurdundula too). To go and see Quo in King Georges Hall, I think it cost about 27.99, but it was worth every penny, if I had the chance to re-live that gig one more time, I most certainly would. // 10

More Status Quo reviews rating latest review