Australia (Hobart), March 3, 2007 Review

Perfomance: 9
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
Australia (Hobart), March 3, 2007 Reviewed by: jhardcore, on march 09, 2007

Sound: As soon as the concert started, I knew it was going to be spectacular. The sound crew could have possibly made it a bit clearer, but I am definitely not complaining. Both guitarists used Gibson Les Pauls (from what I saw). They all played spot on. There is nothing I can say negatively about the band's skills. // 8

Perfomance: The audience absolutely loved them. I cannot remember every song they played, but 'Instinct' was definitely the highlight for me. One thing I noticed was how much passion they put into it. There would have been only around 40 people there, but they played as though there was 40,000. They were going to play another concert later that night (an 18+ show), but the underage one was not like a warm up or anything. They put everything they had into the show. It was great. The crowd were involved a lot. They said how beautiful the city was, and generally thanked everyone for being there. They acknowledged my friend buy referring to him as 'the guy in the Led Zeppelin t-shirt' and gave everyone high 5's. It was certainly something special. // 9

Overall Impression: This show was at the Pool On Liverpool in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. I am aware that when writing reviews people are not meant to just say everything was great, but the fact, everything was perfect. The show was opened by local bands 'Your Demise' and 'Stand Defiant'. They were very good, just generally what you would expect. During these bands playing, the Strike Anywhere members were in the crowd with everyone else watching. Thomas Barnett signed a flyer I had and talked to me for about 15 seconds. He was a really nice person, and seemed genuinely happy to meet a fan. He thanked me for coming and went on to talk to some other people. They are really a friendly bunch of people. The tickets cost $22.50, and were worth every cent of it. I would have paid $100, that's how good they were. I purchased a t-shirt after the show, and am wearing it now. I will without a doubt go to their next show. I have seen Jet and NOFX play Live, both in front of about 10 times as many people, costing twice as much, but Strike Anywhere were so much better than both of them put together. They were really that good. If Strike Anywhere are playing in your town, I urge you to see them. You will not be disappointed. // 10

Comments