Canada (Oshawa), March 19, 2008 Review

Perfomance: 7
 8.5
review (1) 5 comments vote for this concert:
Canada (Oshawa), March 19, 2008 Reviewed by: teddytheturtle, on april 11, 2008

Sound: I was really impressed with the sound quality. Everything was clear. The vocals sounded just as good Live as they do on their albums. I thought the backing vocals were a bit too quiet, but not so much that it damaged the overall sound. I have no complaints here. // 10

Perfomance: Songs they played (in no particular order): The Hell Song, In Too Deep, Underclass Hero, Pieces, We're All To Blame, a lot more I don't remember. I was surprised that they only played a few songs from their latest album, but being an old school Sum 41 fan, I really enjoyed seeing them play a lot of older stuff. In terms of performance, I have to say the best song was "In Too Deep". They had everyone jumping and they played it so well that it was more fun than the other songs. The only issue I have is that they seemed sort of watered down, almost fake. I guess that's what you get with any band that's been on a major label as long as they have, but it makes me wish I hadn't waited so long to see them live. They seemed like they were following a very well-written script, and that was disappointing. // 7

Overall Impression: This was March 19, 2008 at the GM Centre in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. The openers were (in order) Sound and Fury, Social Code, and Die Mannequin. With the service charges, I paid close to $45 for my ticket. It was definitely worth the money. I got a card for a free download of three Sound and Fury songs. They put on a great show, but after listening to those three songs a bunch of times, they scream rebellious teen (meaning they're sell-outs posing as a punk band). Social Code was great, and they played my favourite song ("Bomb Hands"). I would definitely go see them again (I think they've got a headliner show here soon). Sum 41, I don't think so. I'm really glad I saw them once and it was a great show, but I probably wouldn't spend the money to see them a second time. // 7

More Sum 41 reviews rating latest review