USA (Seattle), October 21,2004
bl1nk boy182, on may 10, 2005 0 of 0 people found this review helpful
Sound: The opening band was Lola Ray who were okay there singer wasn't loud enough so you couldn't hear what he was saying half of the time. Next was Sum 41 who sounded almost perfect. Deryck had a unusually good voice. The Dave's guitar sounded great and the drums were awesome. The only problem was Cone's bass was drowned out most of the time. Then came Good Charlotte who pretty much sucked. The singing could not be heard at all because of the guitars being way louder than anything else. I would given them a 5 but Good Charlotte and Lola Ray weren't all that good. Sum 41 gets a 5 though. // 8
Perfomance: Before Sum 41 came on they played this video where Steve (drums) and Cone (bass) were playing basket ball and Cone won so Steve beat him to death with his shoes w/ tons of blood. Then he cooks him for dinner and the rest of the band comes over and eats at Steve's house. The video was very funny. One the funniest things that happened was a fan ran on stage and ran around for about 5 seconds before he got tackled by a security guard. I am only going to talk about the songs Sum 41 played because they were the only band that was really good. I am pretty sure this is what the set list was but not sure.
01. Hell Song - great opener got the crowd going.
02. Still Waiting - classic song everyone knew the words.
03. Heart Attack - fast paced song played with no errors.
04. We're All To Blame - song from there new CD aonly about 2/3 knew the words but people still were going crazy in the pit.
05. Over My Head (Better Off Dead) - awesome song everyone moshing and crowd surfing.
06. Grab The Devil By The Horns And Fuck Him Up The Ass
07. Hooch - another classic song everyone knew the words.
08. Pieces - slower song where the crowd whipped out lighters and cell phones.
09. Fat Lip - one of my favorite Sum 41 songs along with everyone else.
10. Motivation - great song that kept the crowd going.
They played a couple other songs which I can't remember. // 10
Overall Impression: The gig was at the Paramount Theater in Seattle on October 21, 2004. Lola Ray, Good Charlotte and Sum 41 were there and they were the best. The tickets were only $25 which was a pretty good price for the show. I will definitely go to the next Sum 41 show in Washington. // 10