USA (Loveland), July 27, 2012 Review

Perfomance: 10
 4.5
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Loveland), July 27, 2012 Reviewed by: sovaso, on august 08, 2012

Sound: Jon Foreman, the frontman of Switchfoot was very interactive with the crowd and had very good skills, they used their "Vice Verses" tour guitar and DJ deck. The quality was great and I could hear every single note they played. It was loud and proud! The only thing I didn't like was the absence of some of their "underdog" songs. "Dirty Second Hands", "Loser", and "Chem 6A" were among those that were not included in the setlist. These Should have been included because they are great riffs and need more recognition. Overall, I think an 8/10 is appropriate for these. // 8

Perfomance: I think the audience loved the show. The setlist included "Afterlife" which they opened with, "Your Love Is a Song" epic all the same as always, "Where I Belong" it was OK, "Dare You To Move" which added a mini solo, "Stars" which was probably the audiences favorite, "Restless" Jon came out into the crowd, "Mess Of Me" a ninja song, and "Meant To Live" which they closed with. On "Mess Of Me" the audience waved glow-sticks and iPhone flashlights during the pre-chorus. During the "Stars" chorus, A light effect waved stars in the crowd. In "Where I Belong" they waved a ghetto flag around (a flag made with a T-shirt and sharpie) and on "Restless" Jon Foreman, the lead singer, came out into the crowd and climbed up on the camera scaffolding, while singing. It was pretty dang cool! // 10

Overall Impression: The venue was in the USA, July 27, 2012, Heavenfest 2012, Loveland, CO at the Ranch. The openers where The Afters, Superchick, and Lincoln Brewster. I loved pretty much everything about the show except the absence of some songs in the setlist. It was pretty awesome! I think Jon coming out into the crowd was EPIC. Oh yeah I hi-fived him! Their next gig is in Gilford, NH. If I could I would go. Overall I think this was a great show. Obviously one of the best I've been to. My rating is 9.5/10! Great job Switchfoot! // 9

More Switchfoot reviews rating latest review
+ USA (Roseville), May 8, 2010 8 07/19/2011