USA (Columbus), September 25, 2005
cbe43016, on november 18, 2005 0 of 0 people found this review helpful
Sound: Serj Tankian is one of the best metal voices to ever be recorded and is almost exactly the same live. He keeps the energy going the band keeps the crowd into the whole show. He also brought out the guitar for a few songs (Question, Hypnotize). The sound quality was that of an arena show, loud and full of distortion, but System played to that and sounded amazing. I saw them once before in 2002 but it was nowhere nere as good as this show was in turns of sound quality. // 10
Perfomance: From the soft beginings of Soldier Side to the ruff, fast ending of Sugar, SOAD played everything. You couldn't of asked for a better show. Here are the song listing, probably not in order:
01. Soldier Side - Daron came out behind the screen to perform this.
02. BYOB - a perfect song to get the crowd started early.
03. Revenga - not one of my fav songs off Mezmerize, but played well.
04. Know - old school System, that's the stuff I like.
05. Hypnotize - they said it was the first time ever played live and it was amazing.
06. Needles - crowd favorite ever sang along with Daron.
07. Deer Dance - another song off Toxicity, played very well.
08. Suggestions - didn't seem like too many people knew this old song, I did.
09. Psycho - the leads in this song are so good, Daron rules.
10. Chop Suey - another crowd fav, everyone was jumping.
11. Sad Statue - one of my personal favs off Mezmerize, good live.
12. Violent Pornagraphy - excellent live, Daron was singing with the crowd.
13. Mr. Jack - I didn't really know this song to well but it was pretty good.
14. Cigaro - funniest song of the night, Daron screaming out that his balls is bigger them everyones.
15. Cocaine - weird song, but thats what makes System great.
16. Bounce - the whole floor went crazy for this fast moshing song.
17. Atwa - one of my favs, played amazing, whole crowd was singing along.
18. Forest - good song, was alittle off on performance.
19. Lost In Hollywood - amazing song, one of best of night, you could barely hear Daron singing because the crowd was so loud.
20. Question! - Serj brought out the guitar to play this song.
21. War - old school stuff that I love, really good song.
22. Prison Song - one of my all time favs that was played to perfection.
23. Aerials - crowd pleaser, everyone knew that one.
24. Toxicity - Serj sounded so good on this one, for that matter the whole show.
25. Suite Pee - more old stuff that I really got into.
26. Science - I think they played this really don't remember.
27. Sugar - perfect finish to a perfect show, what a good song.
Throughout the concert they would just start singing randomely like before Violent Pornography, Daron was singing the whole chorus really high pitched. They didn't have a major stage set-up just a lot of lights in the back and some rugs that they stood on. There was no specific good moments because the whole show was a moment in itself. // 10
Overall Impression: USA, Columbus, Nationwide Arena, September 25 2005. There was a couple openers for them the first Hella, had to be the worst band ever. It really wasn't music it was like a half-hour of pure noise and that's not music. But The Mars Volta wasn't too bad, they play for about an hour and they had some good songs. Every bit of the show was awesome, from begining to end amazing. Tickets were only about $45 so it was well worth the cost. This show was better then the first I saw, so I'd definitly go see them again because it would probably be better the third time too (or maybe not). // 10