Australia (Sydney), October 29, 2005 Review

6.3
 4.6
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
Australia (Sydney), October 29, 2005 Reviewed by: pats88, on november 02, 2005

Sound: I was really disappointed with the quality of sound. It was held at the Sydney Superdome and did not do any of the bands justice. Way too much bass, and the guitars were quite muggy. In most of the sets, the vocals were too soft. It was a bit of a letdown because of how excited I was to hear the bands, but didn't affect the mood of the night much. The Superdome is pretty good for a festival of this nature. It holds plenty of people, and you have a great view of the stage no matter where you are. // 6

Perfomance: The core bands for the international Taste Of Chaos were The Used, Killswitch Engage, Story Of They Year, Funeral For A Friend and Rise Against. I was really impressed with Funeral For A Friend. Having not heard alot of their stuff I thought they did exceptionally well. I didn't see Rise Against but heard their set was great. Story Of The Year completely blew me away! They are amazing live. So much energy and excitment by the band on stage. Its great to see a band loving what they do. They played old songs such as And The Hero Will Drown and Anthem Of Our Dying Day as well as new songs such as We Don't Care Anymore and Is This My Fate? He Asked Them (the best of their set). Killswitch Engage were phenomenal, the best of the night. They played songs like A Bid Farewedll, Fixation On The Darkness, The End Of Heartache (with Bert from The Used) and Rose Of Sharyn. They were absolutely incredible. Even with the exclusion of one guitarist they still sounded amazing! I will never miss a KSE show when they come back to Australia. The Used were in my opinion pretty horrible. They don't do well as a live band. The singer thinks he is all that. Still it was a better performance than their recent Hordern Pavilion show. They played songs like A Box Of Sharp Objects (with Howard from Killswitch), Say Days Ago, Listening and On My Own. // 9

Overall Impression: The Taste Of Chaos was held at the Sydney Superdome, Australia on the 29th of October 2005. The local opener was Irrelevant, who I didn't see but heard did a good job. The thing I loved most about the show was the fact that I could see 2 or 3 of my favorite bands play together for the price I would pay to see one (I payed $65.90 for my ticket). It was definitely worth the money. The bands in between the core bands were horrendous, nothing memorable about them at all. The 2006 Taste Of Chaos is being announced and I will definitely go when they come to Australia. // 9

More Taste Of Chaos reviews rating latest review