UK (London), March 30, 2011 Review

artist: taylor swift date: 04/28/2011 category: live concerts
taylor swift: UK (London), March 30, 2011
The 30th of March 2011 will always be a "best day" for me at the O2 Arena in London. The show was mesmerizing though there are room for improvements - set design and Taylor Swift should have played longer.
 Perfomance: 9
 9.4
 8.7
review (1) pictures (4) user comments vote for this concert:
UK (London), March 30, 2011 Reviewed by: rubyangellove, on april 28, 2011

Sound: So Taylor Swift is my favorite artist and I bought tickets for her Speak Now concert before the album had been released. Then I loved the CD more than "Fearless". However I was slightly worried about the concert because sometimes I have found that I have thought she cannot sing. I was delightedly surprised to find that she could actually sing well. I would have liked it if she had played her guitar more than she did, but it was great when she did. It was also nice to see her play the piano and the ukulele. She has polished herself into a deserving artist. // 9

Perfomance: I definitely enjoyed the concert, though one huge fault is that it was two short. She played for an hour and half - only thirteen songs. I feel she could have done a lot more. It would have also have been good if she had changed her set list, not keeping all the songs the same each night. She began with "Sparks Fly" - dancing around in a gold dress which seemed to shoot sparks. Then she played "Mine" on her guitar, then an energetic "Story Of Us" followed by a beautiful rendition of "Back To December" on her stunning white grand piano with elements of "Your Not Sorry" at the end. I thought "Better Than Revenge" was well done as she angrily yelled at the girl who stole her boyfriend. "Speak Now" was done in a sixties style which worked. From her sophomore album she did "Fearless" on her ukulele (a tone downed version), "Fifteen" and "You Belong With Me". For these three songs she moved though the crowd to a smaller stage towards the back of the arena - turning the worst seats in the house into the best. "Dear John" was passionate with good vocals. "Enchanted" was enchanting. With a wild ending of "Long Live" (best song) with a film of her very successful past two years on the screen behind her, she returned to the stage with "Love Story". It was evident she hadn't put as much effort into the set design for "Speak Now" as she did with "Fearless". She had stars from the ceiling and curtains, but the graphics on the screen made up for this. // 9

Overall Impression: The 30th of March 2011 will always be a "best day" for me at the O2 Arena in London. The opening acts weren't that exciting as I didn't stay to watch them. The show was mesmerizing though there are room for improvements - set design and she should have played longer. The show was worth it's money at 40 a ticket. It was very exciting to able to touch her shoulder and I think I will go to her next show which I hope will be even better. // 8

More Taylor Swift reviews rating latest review