Sound: Thrice played amazingly at the Edmonton stop of the MCR tour this December 8th, 2005. They were pitch-perfect, made absolutely no mistakes whatsoever, and despite a sound-crew error in their first song, their 45-minute set went perfectly. They used about four or five guitars, only two being played at once though, a bass, a full drum kit, two synths, and a Rhoads piano. The sound was amazing, and they really filled the room with raw engergy and passion. // 10
Perfomance: The audience, me included, loved every second of the Thrice set. The whole floor was pretty much a mosh pit throughout their set, and the crowd was really into it the whole time. They played these songs, in order:
01. Image Of The Invisible - amazingly well done in spite of an amp malfunction, lots of aggressiveness and energy.
02. Silhouette - a song off their previous album, this song screams "mosh!"
03. Atlantic - Thrice calmed the crowd down with this beautiful ballad utilizing the Rhoads piano.
04. Kill Me Quickly - Thrice went back to their second-last album, The Illusion Of Safety, and churned out this wild, technical tune in perfect opposition to their previous softer song.
05. The Artist In The Ambulance - the title track off their previous album was very well executed, and is always a crowd-pleaser.
06. Music Box - from their new album, Thrice played this anthem-like track amazingly, and really pumped the crowd up after the softer Atlantic and Artist.
07. Cold Cash, Colder Hearts - Thrice took advantage of the adrenaline rush given to the crowd from Music Box, and pumped this aggressive song out with pure vigour and power.
08. Stare At The Sun (acoustic) - Dustin gave the other members a little break and played this beautiful acoustic song solo, and really gave the crowd an idea of the softer side of Thrice.
09. Red Sky- this song was another beautiful track off their newest album, and they got the crowd into it with it's awesome melodic sensibility and mood.
10. Deadbolt - Thrice ended off their amazing set by playing this fast, aggressive metal tune and got the mosh pit moving even more for their last song of the day. // 10
Impression: This concert took place in: Canada, Edmonton, Shaw Conference Centre, December 8th, 2005. Circa Survive and Thrice were opening for My Chemical Romance on this tour, but really, Thrice was the band to see this day, with the crowd chanting "Thrice! Thrice!" about 15 minutes before their set even started! Being my first show, I don't have much to compare it to, but I definitely know that it will go down as one of my favorites, if not my favorite show ever. The ticket price of $33 Canadian (with taxes and service charges) was well worth the event. I didn't even stay to see the main act, MCR, and I am perfectly satisfied with what I got for my money. It was my first concert, and will definitely not be forgotten. I plan to see Thrice again as they headline A Taste Of Chaos in early '06. // 10