Ireland (Dublin), November 22, 2006 Review

9.1
 8.7
 9.5
review (1) 4 comments vote for this concert:
Ireland (Dublin), November 22, 2006 Reviewed by: michaeldoyle, on november 25, 2006

Sound: The sound overall was excellent. Nearly every song sounded like you were listening to it off the CD. Maynard hit all the notes and Danny was flawlessly drumming as usual. Even the guitar effects were spot on. My ears are still ringing! // 9

Perfomance: There were three distinct "acts" if you were to compare it with a film or play. It started in hard and slowed in the middle and ended on a high. I can't remember the exact order of the setlist and I apologise if I leave anything out. Stinkfist was first (if I remember correctly) and really pumped the crowd up. 46&2 and Jambi soon followed with much jumping and moshing. In the middle of the performance was Wings and 10, 000 Days together when everyone stopped jumping to enjoy the sound and amazing laser show. They also played the old favourites Lateralus, Schism and Aenima which were all moshingly brilliant. The Pot was played too and the biggest cheer of the night came for Vicarious at the end (but I'm not sure if that was because it was Vicarious or because Maynard was saying goodnight). The visuals were amazing with images projected onto four screens behind the band and lights and lasers synced beautifully with the music e.g. for Lateralus: for the lyrics "black and white are..." the lights were white, "Red and yellow.." lights changed to red and yellow "reaching out to me..." lights shine out to the crowd. My only problem was I sometimes too busy moshing and jumping around to admire the show. // 8

Overall Impression: I missed Tool last time they played in Ireland (which I think was at Ozzfest about 6 years ago) so I was really looking forward to this and I wasn't disappointed. Mastodon were the opening act but I had no real interest in them as I'm a fan. There was a strict no camera policy and security were taking them at the door and even confiscating them off people using them in the crowd. The ticket was J52.50 and well worth it. They played at the Point in Dublin on the 22 Nov 2006 (a regular spot for all the big bands) and I won't hesitate to see them again if they come back. // 9

More Tool reviews rating latest review
+ USA (Los Angeles), December 10, 2007 9.4 12/12/2007