USA (Los Angeles), December 10, 2007
TheVeneGuy, on december 12, 2007 2 of 2 people found this review helpful
Sound: Being a massive Tool fan, I was expecting the band to be super tight. Everyone played nearly perfect and even jammed on stage. The lower bass notes were very muddy however, and the vocals were hard to hear most of the time. The drums sounded absolutely amazing though. There was much more reverb in the guitar tone but that was to be expected with any indoor concert. I was very pleased with the performance. I blame the downfalls on the mixer. It wasn't so bad as it was distracting. Just not quite perfect. // 8
Perfomance: The crowd was going crazy when they were freaking setting up the stage. Everyone was stoked and very excited. Everyone shouted and sang along with the songs.
01. Jambi - very energetic and satisfying.
02. Stinkfist - the video was playing behind them the entire time. They had a 3 minute jam in the near end of the song. Really intense light show.
03. 46 & 2 - the stage turned purple and the opening bass riff starts it off. Very tight as all the songs. They jam a bit on this one as well. The energy level generally leveled out about now.
04. Schism - this sounded perfect with the exception of hard to hear vocals.
05. Sweat - this one was so hard to distinguish what was being played. It was so muddy.
07. Rosetta Stoned - very tight performance. Vocals were practically silent though!
08. They kinda jammed out an idea for 10 minutes. It was very cool and suprisingly tight. They all changed on time and were playing off each other.
09. Intermission - 15 minutes of noise and lights. No one was sure what was going on. They just kinda faded into a loop of noise and lights. Got bored after awhile.
10. Wings For Marie/10000 Days - after the noise lifted, your hear the. Beginning bass riff echo throughout the hall, and a purple spotlight hits justin chancellor as he sits on a stool and plucks that single note. Amazing.
11. Lateralus - Danny. Carey. There was a guest drummer oj stage with him. That's two amazing drummers playing this extended version. I couldn't expect more.
12. Vicarious - vocals were bearable thank god! The crowd thought this was kaorokee hour. The sound was great!
Overall, one of the best live shows I've seen. // 10
Overall Impression: The show took place at the Nokia Theatre across the street from the staples center in los angeles. Holds 7200 indoors. Huge! Trans Am opened. They sounded slot like Rush. The tickets were $150 in mezzaine, which is the very top noisebleed section. They were by auction/for that price I would expect perfection. It was worth it to see Tool. The light show was the best I've ever seen, and I've seen the australlian Pink Floyd show! // 9