USA (Knoxville), December 22, 2008 Review

2.7
 4.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
USA (Knoxville), December 22, 2008 Reviewed by: meonme, on january 16, 2009

Sound: Ok usually I love TSO. Their albums have a significant amount of flair and spunk to them, mixed with amazing guitar quality and sound. That is why I was so disappointed with the quality I saw tonight. I do not even want to mention the singers. Let's just say white russian dudes CANNOT sing bluesy and get away with it. Also, some of the most amazing solo's were drowned out by either a choir of singers Who sound like they just hit puberty or a very unusually loud flute. Now not all of it was bad. There was a fantastic guitar dual. Now about the guitar dual, after every segment they go to the audience to have people judge. Hardly anyone applauded, which is rare for a drunken Tennessee venue. // 3

Perfomance: Ok usually TSO puts on one hell of a show. The best part of every concert is the visuals. If you are just wanting to go to a fairly expensive laser light show, this is your ticket. On the other hand, if you are looking for songs strung together by a monolouge with a cheese factor higher then that of the entire state of Wisconsin, then you might just be Cher. The only 2 songs really worth anything on a musical standpoint were Carol of the Bells (obviously) and Mad Russian Christmas. Everything else just blended together in mind numbing repetitiveness. The guitars were sloppy on all the songs that had singing, probably a fault the atrocious voices around being a distraction. But just like old TSO fashion they rocked the house on the instrumentals only songs. // 6

Overall Impression: Now if someone would ask me if I would like to shovel out 58 dollars a ticket for this mediocre concert, I would say I would rather spend 10 dollars on the bullets it would take to kill the singers. Before the show I was pumped to pay the ridiculous price but now I feel shafted. Never before have I heard a concert that lasted 1 hour to cost that much. I will never be going to any other gig by them. The only memorable moment was Carol of the Bells. Sadly though, they played it at all their other concerts so it doesn't seem that special to me anymore. // 4

More Trans-siberian Orchestra reviews rating latest review