UK (London), March 16, 2006 Review

8.9
 7.8
review (1) 11 comments vote for this concert:
UK (London), March 16, 2006 Reviewed by: Frostithe, on march 18, 2006

Sound: The bands who played were Trivium with Blood Simple and God Forbid supporting. Blood Simple were frankly crap. I had never heard God Forbid before but they were pretty good, a good mix of the music. Then Trivium came on. Just amazing, everything was balanced right (bass might have been a bit too weak), the drumming was heart shaking and the guitars pounded out incredibly. Matt's and Cory's singing was amazing, not a note missed. They were using their Dimebag guitars and they sounded good although I would have preferred the Jackson Soloist and Les Paul Custom they used to use. It was probably the loudest gig I've been to (although that may be because I was about 7ft from the stage and 10ft from the speaker walls to the side). My ears are still ringing nearly 24 hours later. // 10

Perfomance: As I said, I didn't enjoy Blood Simple and God Forbid that much but they did get the crowd going. A nice big pit behind me although I didn't go in because I would have lost my dam good space at the front. Trivium were insane, everyone was loving it and singing along, especially Dying In Your Arms and Like Light To The Flies. 01. Like Light To The Flies - awesome way to start, everyone singing and a spectacular performance. 02. Rain - quite good although I didn't know that song too well. 03. Drowned And Torn Asunder - Cory was right in front of us for this song and just amazing really. Matt got everyone to prepare a circle pit but he told us to "hold that shit." Then during the intro he screamed "Circle pit!" and it got going. 04. Gunshot To The Head Of Trepidation - they went straight into this from Drowned And Torn Asunder and they had everyone jumping and singing along. I didn't get to watch Corey do his first little shred bit because some gay crowd surfer fell on my head at that point. 05. Ember To Inferno - didn't know this song very well but still good. 06. Washing Me Away In The Tides - didn't know this song very well but still good. 07. Requiem - didn't know this song very well but still good. 08. The Deceived - awesome! This is one of my favourite songs off Ascendancy and they played it damn well! 09. Dying In Your Arms - everyone was singing along to this. They told us it was their last song but it wasn't (fortunately). Then they had a short break (2-3mins) and everyone started chanting "We want more!" Then they came back and did some covers. Sadly I didn't know some of their names but I'll do my best. 10. When I Come Around (Green Day) - I personally love Green Day and was surprised when I heard the opening chords. They only played the frist verse and chorus and Heafy went into singing "Blah blah blah blah" instead of the words. 10. Unfortunately I don't know what this song was but it was some metal band. Not bad though. 11. Dammit (Blink 182) - everyone loved this cover but they only played about half of it. 12. Some Slayer song - again, I didn't know the song but Matt told us it was by Slayer. 13. The Trooper (Iron Maiden) - they got the crowd to sing this one and I must say, we did it well. 14. Master Of Puppets (Metallica) - Matt got some kid up on stage to sing this one and I must say he did it dam well (better than I could anyway). 15. Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr - my favourite Trivium song, as this was the last song I though "f--k it" and me and some other guys started a pit. I may have gotten some of the songs in the wrong order but I'm pretty sure that's accurate. // 10

Overall Impression: This was the second best gig I've been to and this and the best were both in London (the other was Green Day at the Apollo). If you ever get a chance to see a band in London, go! I promise you it will be worth it. The tickets were 22 pounds each because I had to buy them off eBay (sold out from ticket sellers) and worth every penny. I will never forget it (and my ears may never stop ringing). I may go and see Trivium and Iron Maiden in December. Definately will if I can get someone to go with me. // 10

More Trivium reviews rating latest review
+ USA (Boise), February 7, 2012 7.7 02/10/2012