USA (Boise), February 7, 2012 Review

artist: trivium date: 02/10/2012 category: live concerts
trivium: USA (Boise), February 7, 2012
USA, Boise, Idaho at The Knitting Factory on February 7th 2012. Openers included Kyng, Veil Of Maya and Trivium themselves were an opener for In Flames.
 Perfomance: 8
 7.7
 8.3
review (1) 10 comments vote for this concert:
USA (Boise), February 7, 2012 Reviewed by: Bailey Mustaine, on february 10, 2012

Sound: Singer skills? Matt Heafy has an amazing vocal range for somebody that plays and signs at the same time. While letting the ferocious growls fly he also had a capability to play tricky riffs. What instruments they've used? Corey used his signature Jackson King V, Matt used a Gibson Les Paul Custom and a custom Gibson Explorer 7 string, while Paolo used his B.C. Rich 5 string Warlock Revenge bass. Overall impression of the sound and music. Quality of the sound? Being front row some of the sound was hard to hear, Guitars were almost unheard and it was hard to hear when either Corey or Matt was playing a solo. // 7

Perfomance: Did audience (you) enjoy them? I had a great time as I always do at concerts and the rest of the crowd enjoyed every distorted riff they pumped out. What songs they have played? List them and leave a comment on every song. They played several songs off of "In Waves", "Ascendancy", and "Shogun". Songs included "Built To Fall", "In Waves", "Gunshot To The Head Of Trepidation", "Anthem (We Are The Fire)", "Dying In Your Arms", "Rain", "Iron Maiden", "Kirisute Gomen". Special moments? Fun, weird things during the show? Visual effects, scene's decoration? They had fake smoke which was cool and they had the backdrop with the In Waves design on it. // 8

Overall Impression: Country, city, arena, date of the show? USA, Boise, Idaho at The Knitting Factory on February 7th 2012. Who was the opener(s) for a gig (if any)? Openers included Kyng, Veil Of Maya and Trivium themselves were an opener for In Flames. What do you love about the show? What do you hate? I loved how close we were to the band and how much eye contact they all made with the fans and it was all a very amazing experience seeing them for the 3rd time. I didn't hate anything about that show. How much ticket cost? Does the show worth the money? The ticket was about $25, it was completely worth it! What were the most unforgettable moments of that show? Free beer, nude girls? After the show I went to where they loaded all of their gear into the trailers and my friends and I had the opportunity to hang out and chill with Corey, Matt and Paolo. I got some great tips from them and bummed a cigarette off Corey. We talked about our influences for music and found out that we were practically separated at birth! We took photos with them all and said our thanks for their dedication to their fans. Will you go to their next gig? Oh I'm definitely going to every show they have here from now on! // 10

More Trivium reviews rating latest review
+ UK (Liverpool), April 15, 2007 8.2 06/25/2007