Australia (Melbourne), June 10, 2007 Review

artist: underoath date: 06/11/2007 category: live concerts
underoath: Australia (Melbourne), June 10, 2007
The best was Writing On The Walls. That was epic. The cheering was awesome.
 Perfomance: 8
 8.8
 9.5
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
Australia (Melbourne), June 10, 2007 Reviewed by: Under_The_Oath, on june 11, 2007

Sound: I only give a 7 because Aaron wasn't singing in tune very well. Spencer was awesome though with his screaming. But, it was way too loud. usually I don't have a problem with loud gigs, but this was loud. Really, really, loud. The two guitarists played an SG and a Les Paul. The SG was through an Orange head and a Mesa cab, and the Les Paul was a Marshall head through a Mesa cab. // 7

Perfomance: I loved it, it was awesome. I don't think they were having such a good day though. I've seen them on live videos and stuff, and it didn't have the same power. Two people in the mosh pit got hurt so bad they had to be carried out. They had to stop two songs half way for that. Spencer didn't remember the words for A Boy Brushed Red and Living In Black and white, which was an encore, so that was interesting. I can't remember the order, but they played In Regards To Myself, It's A Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door, A Boy Brushed Red Living In Black And White, Young & Aspiring, A Moment Suspended In Time, one songs I didn't recognize which could be Returning Empty Handed, Writing On The Walls, To Whom It May Concern, and another song which I did know, but couldn't name to save my life. The best was Writing On The Walls. That was epic. The cheering was awesome. I also got a huge kick out of To Whom It May Concern, because that's my favorite song of theirs. They get an 8 only, because they weren't as crazy as I've seen them on videos, and I would have liked to have heard Down, Set, Go. // 8

Overall Impression: Australia, Melbourne, The Billboard Venue, June 10th 2007. I was like the only person in green. Never seen so many emos in one place. Never seen so many chucks in one place. It was crazy. A band called The Amity Affliction opened for Emery, and they sucked. Emery opened for Underoath, and they sucked much less. Their screamer/keyboardist was crazy as. As a Christian, I loved the way Underoath were open about their Faith, and the way they were willing to stop playing when people got hurt. My ticket was 51.50 AUD, which is about 43 USD. It was well worth it. I may or may not go to their next gig, it depends. // 9

More Underoath reviews rating latest review
+ US (Huntington), October 17, 2011 3 10/20/2011