Canada (Hamilton), March 24 2005 Review

artist: velvet revolver date: 03/26/2005 category: live concerts
velvet revolver: Canada (Hamilton), March 24 2005
The show lasted about 4 hours or so, 2 of which was all Velvet's for the taking. Velvet knows what its fans are there for an they know how to please.
 Perfomance: 10
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
Canada (Hamilton), March 24 2005 Reviewed by: MisguidedAngel, on march 26, 2005

Sound: Well, it was fairly the same as the last concert I saw them at (Toronto). Though this time Scott was a little off on some songs, he was on a different key for You Got No Right. Other then that he held up great. Slash again seemed to have his guitar at a lower level since all you could hear was Dave and Duff giving it hell, the only time I could beyond any doubt hear Slash was in Set Me Free. Slash gave us a treat and broke out the double guitar for You Got No Right which was amazing from where I was this time. Overall dispite Scott's singing (or lack there of) sound was amazing since while typing this I still cannot hear anything. // 8

Perfomance: This is where the show was amazing. The show lasted about 4 hours or so, 2 of which was all Velvet's for the taking. I was right at the guard rails when Velvet finally came on, after Three Days Grace was done about 20 mins into the intermission a simple joy came over me. Slashs hat, simply sat on one of the amps and I knew it was truly a amazing night. There was some great moments for me, it was the first time I'd ever crowd surfed (I did it during Set Me Free), Scott threw the crowd some chips. Again an amazing performance, Velvet knows what its fans are there for an they know how to please. // 10

Overall Impression: Canada, Hamilton, Copps Colisium, March 24th 2005. Velvet Revolver with Three Days Grace. And another band that I didn't catch the name of (who cares they sucked). I loved the fact I got to see and feel Velvet Revolver this time. I was right at the front for most of the show (knee deep in thigh half the time also, plus). I also got to crowd surf which is an experience I can't even explain. The tickets were 55 bucks, and man bang for your buck. 3 acts a 4 hour concert it was much better then Toronto's concert. For me unforgettable moments are crowd surfing, extended versions of Set Me Free and Slither, almost catching Three Days Grace guitarists pick. Knocking someone out with my elbow and kicking someone in the face (not on purpose of course) and oh high times (you know what I mean). Will I go to the next show? Are you kidding me? That's all I even need to say that and maybe go see them! // 10

More Velvet Revolver reviews rating latest review