Canada (Toronto), November 22, 2004 Review

velvet revolver: Canada (Toronto), November 22, 2004
 Perfomance: 9
reviews (2) user comments vote for this concert:
Canada (Toronto), November 22, 2004 Reviewed by: uNrEaL, on november 24, 2004

Sound: The band was late because of customs but came in strong, the opened with Sucker Train Blues, a great opener! Sounded very strong, but at times I had a hard time hearing Scott, and Slash's solos coulda been abit louder. Over all they came hard and sounded pretty nice. // 8

Perfomance: The people on the floor were rocking and having a great time, Scott got everyone hyped up and even got in some of the old GNR and STP for those fans. When Fall To Pieces came on the lights were amazing, probally one of the best lighting for a song in concert I've ever seen. Also they had as huge VR logo hanging up, it looked pretty sweet. // 8

Overall Impression: Toronto, Ontario, Canada November 22nd, 2004. The band was late and skipped right through the opener so it seemed really quick, they only were up for a hour, and even missed Loving The Alien, and Spectacle which are 2 great songs. I liked mostly Slash rippin the solos, he still has it, on the other hand Scott needs to stop acting like a woman on stage. For 60 bucks it was worth it, and I would only go to see them again if they did a smaller venue like they did with their first tour. Nothing special overall, no fire works, no free beer, no naked girls, not even Andy Confetti, but they held a good show. // 8

Canada (Toronto), November 22, 2004 Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 22, 2004

Sound: From where I was (it wasn't floor level which bites) in some cases it was hard to tell what Scott was singing, I knew the song and the words but could barely make it out over the sound of the guitars, not that thats a bad thing at all. Slash was still amazing which was great to see, though on Fall to Pieces the solo as well as the other bits of the song were hard to hear. Sucker Train Blues was the opening song, and Slither was closing. Two great ways to rock. // 10

Perfomance: There was a large amount of drugs around the area I was in, so a lot of people had a good time. Though we had to wait about an hour and a half before we got let in thanks to customs. The crowd was great, minus that chick in front of me that was trying (I'm saying that lightly) to dance to the music. Lighting was great, but I was centre stage and fairly high up seating wise, thus I got drilled by the lights at the end of every song. They only missed out on two songs which kinda sucks, but they played the songs I really wanted to hear. I will never picture Sucker Train Blues or Set me Free the same again. Overall they rocked the ACC, and even tossed in some extra solo's for kicks. // 10

Overall Impression: Canada, Toronto, Air Canada Centre on November 22nd 2004. No opening band was (in my opinion) a good thing, because if we would have waited for an hour and a half to get in, and then need to sit through another band before Velvet Revolver that would not have gone well. Everything about the show was amazing (even the drugs). For 60 bucks it was the best cash I've spent in a long while sars stock was amazing for 20 bucks but still no beer, since well I'm only 16. If there were naked chicks, why didnt they come near where I was at? If they ever do come back to Canada, I will buy tickets the first day and be right there again. // 10

More Velvet Revolver reviews rating latest review