Ireland (Dublin), January 13, 2005 Review

Perfomance: 8.7
 7.6
 8.2
reviews (3) user comments vote for this concert:
Ireland (Dublin), January 13, 2005 Reviewed by: Demented Leprec, on january 17, 2005

Sound: Excuse you Afrorockgod. VR kicked ass! Scott Weiland rocked although he does act quite strange on stage, his voice is still great. I was not expecting the Datsuns, Who supported them, to be as good as they were but they also rocked. I was in the front pit so everything was clear soundwise. Overall The Datsuns rocked, VR rocked and Slash was his usual cool self. // 8

Perfomance: Velvet Revolver, I think played most of their album. They started off with Sucker Train Blues in which Slash played his BC Rich Mockingbird. Then came Do It For The Kids and Big Machine. They did like 3 GN'R covers including It's So Easy and I Used To Love her. Predictably, they ended with Set Me Free, You Got No Right and then Slither. They ruled! // 10

Overall Impression: The Point is an OK venue but the security are harsh. The date, Wednesday 13th of Jan, was a school night so I was wrecked next morning! The Datsuns supported. They only did a few songs but were still great. I loved Slash and Duff bein cool and I hated security! Tickets wre only 35 Euro so it was well worth it. Oh, the whole show was unforgettable, no matter how drunk you were. Goin to their next gig is a definite yes! They rocked! // 10

Ireland (Dublin), January 13, 2005 Reviewed by: Afrorockgod, on january 14, 2005

Sound: I'd like to tell you all that Scott's voice was really good or bad but the truth is couldn't hear what he was saying at all above the rythem guitar, which was cranked way to loud, and the drums, which was the only instrument I could actually hear properly. As for hearing the lead guitar you can forget it, almost every solo Slash played was drowned out by the inncessant noise of the rhythm guitar. I couldn't hear the bass lines either, I could just feel them trying to crush my lungs. To be honest the point isn't the best venue in the world but I didn't expect the sound to be quite that bad. Between VR and the sound engineer something went very wrong. // 4

Perfomance: I purposely came late so I would miss the support act, I arrived there just as they were playing their last song which I thought was cack so I'm sure the other stuff played couldn't have been much better. After a shortish break (time enough for a pint) VR came on stage. Scott walked dressed like at total sap with his grey nazi cap and jacket on (I don't know if he was trying the "hey look at me I'm wearing a nazi cap, aren't I ironec?" But he came accross looking like a loser). They opened with Sucker Train Blues which they played (from what I could hear) pretty well. Until they played Fall To Pieces halfway through the show the crowd were pretty muted but when that song started teh crowd went nuts, it was definately the best song they played with the rythem guitar (thankfully) turned down so the audience could actually here waht Slash was playing. The band played two GN'R numbers, I used to love her and it's so easy which were preformed well. Slash was of course smoking on stage as per usual which is illegal in Ireland and Slash said some random thing about the smoking ban but I could hear what he was trying to say. They ended with Slither which was pretty good and a decent way to end the show. // 6

Overall Impression: Ireland, Dublin, The Point Depot, 12/01/05. Price of ticket was 40 Euro which is imo a rip off. The highlight was definately Fall To Peices, and the biggest bummer was the crappy sould present throughout. There were no unforrgettable moments for me except when my friends and eye decided to start moshing cause we were bored which was great fun and we annoyed quite a lot of orseholes too. I very much doubt if I would go to see them again, I for sure wouldnt pay to go see them but if they play in a festival I'm and I might just give them a second chance to impress me. // 6

Ireland (Dublin), January 13, 2005 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 05, 2005

Sound: After the Datsuns stormed off the stage, the crowd waited in anticipation for Velvet Revolver. I was astonished how close I was to the stage, and we all waited for the band. 15 minutes later, the whole place went black. Duff McKagen's outline wasw visible standing still in the middle of the stage. While we were all in blackness, they launched into the etheral intro of Sucker Train Blues. They did it for two minutes, until someone screamed; "From Hollywood Velvet Revolver!" The rest of the night was a rockfest, which included songs like "Set Me Free," "Slither" and "You Got No Right." They played each song brilliantly and with huge enthusiasm. // 10

Perfomance: The audinece screamed for every song. Scott Weiland's vocals weren't as loud as they could have been, but they were still distinguishable from the guitars and screams. They played most of the songs from Contraband, including several surprise covers (It's So Easy by GNR, Sex Type Thing by STP). The band ran around the stage. A huge highlight of the show was when Slansh put his cigarette between the strings of his guitar and ripped into a huge solo. It was an amazing concert. // 10

Overall Impression: This concert took place at the Point theatre in Dublin, Ireland, on the 13th of January 2005. The Datsuns opened it, Who were great (even if most of their songs sound the same). There was nothing I hated about this concert except for a slight delay with the security beforehand. The tickets cost 35 Euro, and were worth every cent. I can't wait until their next gig! // 10

More Velvet Revolver reviews rating latest review