UK (Cardif), January 19, 2005 Review

artist: velvet revolver date: 01/26/2005 category: live concerts
velvet revolver: UK (Cardif), January 19, 2005
The sound given off by these truly great artists is one to remember. All of Velvet Revolver were at their best.
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
UK (Cardif), January 19, 2005 Reviewed by: Lost_Rose, on january 26, 2005

Sound: The sound given off by these truly great artists is one to remember. Scott's voice was at its best for this show and he showed a range of vocals I didn't know he even had! The rest of the band also were at their best. Duff was everything I expected HIM to be putting on a performance that many could only dream of showing! The only downside to the sound was that Slash was often drowned out by Dave with his rhythm playing, but other than that a great show and a perfect sound! // 10

Perfomance: The Datsuns opened for VR and they really got the crowd going. There style was a mish mash of everything and their guitarist was awesome although his solos were repetitive and he kinda went over the top on the wah wah pedal. There performance was awesome and I was wondering Who I had really come to see. Then the stage went black then those famous words came across "The Hulk couldn't make it tonight, but we've got some comic book characters for ya, from Hollywood Velvet Revolver." Then came the explosion from the crowd as the Sucker Train Blues riff came across the crowd and there standing in the centre with a single houselight on HIM was Scott, leather clad and looking as godly as ever. The best moment of teh whole concert was when the stage went dark a single light upon the man Slash and the whole arena just watched HIM in silence as he went to the back of the stage and he picked up his top hat and put it on the whole arena went into a frenzie and during this "Used To Love Her" came pouring out of the speakers and the crowd went wild, Scott had the perfect voice for the song and ended up just leaving the crowd to sing the song! We are forgetting Matt here, he came on and started his drum solo the whole crowd cheering HIM on after 5 mins or so of the solo it went from an awesome sound to the unmissable sound of the Mr Brownstone intro with all the boys there in their former glory it was an awesome experience to see them playing these great songs. // 10

Overall Impression: What were the most unforgettable moments of the show - all of it, it was the greatest show I have seen and before I thought that Kasabian were good but they were just mediocre to these legends. Their experience showed as they put on a show that meant I couldn't even go to the toilet or get a beer as I was just sucked into watching the performance! The only bit I disliked about the show was the anticipation from the moment I walked through those doors into the arena of something great happening. The waiting was the worst part of teh whole thing! When I first saw Slash on stage wielding his Les Paul the feeling was great but undescribable, to see this man with that guitar around his neck was a life experience, one that I had dreamed off and the real thing was better than those dreams! Would I go to their next gig? Hell yeah and I expect to see all you there as well as these guys are not to be missed. // 10

More Velvet Revolver reviews rating latest review