UK (Manchester), January 16, 2005 Review

artist: velvet revolver date: 01/19/2005 category: live concerts
velvet revolver: UK (Manchester), January 16, 2005
The venue was packed and the atmosphere was intense as we waited for the band to appear. The sound improved during the slower songs such as 'Fall To Pieces' and some towards the end, but altogether a great experience.
 Perfomance: 10
 4.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
UK (Manchester), January 16, 2005 Reviewed by: JB2500, on january 19, 2005

Sound: The sound was not what I had hoped for from such a group of experienced musicians. The rhythm guitar pretty much drowned Slash's lead out and the solo's where quite quiet, but the bass was spot on. The vocals where hard to hear, maybe this was because I was right at the front under the main speakers because I have heard no complaints from anyone I knew Who was sat further back. The sound improved during the slower songs such as 'Fall To Pieces' and some towards the end, but altogether a great experience. // 8

Perfomance: This was the best live show I have seen without a doubt, even though they where 1hr late getting on stage (which Scott later apologized for). I was a little disappointed with the album "Contraband" but having seen the songs live and hearing some of the GN'R stuff (Used To Love Her, Mr. Brownstone and It's So Easy) has rekindled my passion for this band. Slash screamed godliness and I was very impressed by his talk box solo and was pleased to see the top hat back and in business. Scott delivered a great set of vocals and of what I could hear of his voice he sounded in good form. Duff also gave a great show posing for pictures for the fans (including myself) in the front rows of the crowd. Dave played a great set and coped very well with the broken strap 30 seconds into "Sucker Train Blues," propping his guitar on his knee until the song ended. // 10

Overall Impression: I saw the show at Manchester MEN on the 16th January 2005. The venue was packed and the atmosphere was intense as we waited for the band to appear. The Datsuns opened and I have to say I was impressed, the rocked hard and played a good set, the solos in the songs did get quite repetitive though as the guitarist seemed too attached to his wah pedal. For me the highlight of the show was just being able to see Slash, Matt and Duff as I am a big fan of Guns N' Roses. My ticket cost roughly 30 for standing (with secure post charge) and I would have definitely paid double that. Although there was no free bear or nude girls I still had a blast and will never forget it as long as I live. When the next tour dates are announced I'll be first in line for my ticket! // 10

More Velvet Revolver reviews rating latest review