UK (Manchester), March 17, 2008 Review

9.9
 9.7
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
UK (Manchester), March 17, 2008 Reviewed by: Molloy35, on march 27, 2008

Sound: Scott Weiland belted out every single lyric to the best of his ability, despite some muddy sound problems with the microphone. All the other instruments could be heard loudly and clearly. Slash used a variety of Les Pauls, and Duff used his signature bass and a Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass. Because of the microphone problems I would give the quality a 9/10. // 9

Perfomance: Scott moved around the stage, getting the audience rilled up at every given possibility, and Slash and Duff frequented the front of the stage. Slash even showed us his nipple and a little lick with his tongue. They played: 01. Let It Roll - first song. Energetic, sudden and got everyone moving. 02. Get Out The Door 03. She Builds Quick Machines 04. The Last Fight 05. American Man 06. Just Sixteen 07. Patience - much better than the studio version. 08. It's So Easy 09. Mr Brownstone 10. Used To Love Her And a few more covers I couldn't recognise. Minutes before VR came on, Matt Sorum walked on stage with a camera, and told us to announce a welcome from Manchester for mattsorum.tv. After a few expletives and another attempt, he walked off telling us to enjoy the show. At the end, Duff jumped off stage and handed out the rest of his picks, the last one of which I recieved. // 10

Overall Impression: 7:00 pm March 17th, Manchester Apollo, Manchester, England. The bands McQueen and Year Long Disaster opened for VR. I was pleasantly surprised by McQueen and disappointed by Year Long Disaster, as I expected amore VR/hard rock-esque vibe. I loved the entire thing as was the best night of my 16 year long life so far. The show cost 32.50 and would gladly have paid more to see them I would go to see them again without question and Duff giving me his pick made my night. // 10

More Velvet Revolver reviews rating latest review