USA (Everett), April 22, 2005 Review

velvet revolver: USA (Everett), April 22, 2005
 Perfomance: 2
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
USA (Everett), April 22, 2005 Reviewed by: Kalakala, on april 30, 2005

Sound: Y'know, when I first heard this band was forming, I was pretty jacked about it. Good old American kick ass rock and roll was once again rearing it's ugly head for the first time in a long time. One of their first shows was in Seattle at the Moore Theatre, and I wasn't disappointed. Great show, loved every minute. So, without hesitation, when I heard they were coming back to the Northwest (Everett Events Center, April 22, 2005) I snagged 7 tickets for me and my buds. What a waste of money. I'm 48 years old, and have been to more shows than probably 95% of the people who post here. Started in the early '70s, and if it came through Seattle, I saw it. That should be validation enough. OK, I've been playing guitar since I was 8. This show was complete crap. First, whoever was at the board for the soundcheck was deaf. I've been to the venue before, and the sounds been fine, so it had nothing to do with the acoustics. They came out with "Sucker Train Blues," and it was one big roar of sound, the lyrics and lead guitar completly inaudible. I though, "Okay... first song, working the bus out." Wrong. The first five songs sounded exactly the same, and great if you love highly amped white noise. Never have I heard a mix so bad. The seventh song was "Fall To Pieces," and when I could see that song was gonna get screwed up too, I lost all hope and walked out of the show. // 2

Perfomance: What a farce. Weiland is gonna have to get over himself. These guys are getting a little long in the tooth to think they can still pull off the "rock star" thing. Even Zeppelin was never this pretentious. // 2

Overall Impression: Walked out of the show. Should have demanded my money back. I was there with other fellow musicians, and I wasn't alone when I left. We all thought the show sucked. // 2

More Velvet Revolver reviews rating latest review