USA (Houston), June 18, 2004 Review

velvet revolver: USA (Houston), June 18, 2004
 Perfomance: 10
reviews (2) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Houston), June 18, 2004 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 21, 2004

Sound: Scott weilands voice was the best ever the sound was very raw and headbangerish. The whole band had the best sound possible the bass was very deep and you could feel it. Slash guitars where unexplainable just raw intense power. // 10

Perfomance: They played most of their cd contraband and some covers of STP and GNR. The crowd went crazy when they played big machine, Scotts response to the media. Although someone chucked some beer on the stage and Scott got mad, but he said Who ever told got back stage passes and they did. The audeince went insane for them 2 encores vintage Slash solos, a cool drum solo and scotts stage presence is unmatchable. // 10

Overall Impression: Houston, Version Wireless theather, June 18th 2004. 25 for the tickets not bad for the 2 hours of raw energy. Best show in a long time Velvet is going to bring back the intense rock of the 90's and 80's. Amazing go see them if you can. // 10

USA (Houston), June 18, 2004 Reviewed by: hardrock_maniac, on august 12, 2004

Sound: This is my first review so excuse all the mispelled grammer crap that may occur and trust me it will it's not like I'm a writer here! I just wanna tell you about the best rock n roll show you could go to now a days! Velvet Revolver. Wow just waiting in line for five hours was fun! It didn't really hit me until I got into the wiltern theatre and the opening band living things was done performing and 45 min. Later Revolver came on that I was actually going to see my guitar hero Slash in person. Live instead on t.v. that was one of my many dreams come true! Revolver opened the show with there first song off Contraband "Sucker Train Blues" and the sound that came out those Marshall stacks was just so amazing it blew me away! // 10

Perfomance: As we all know Revolver was kicking major ass! From the beginning of the set to the end it was intense! Just rock n roll all the way through man. Revolver played basically every song off Contraband along with 2 gnr songs "It's So Easy" and "Mr. Brownstone" and a stp song which I can't remember sad but true! There was some light effects crap going on but thats about it as far as special effects go's I guess you can say!man I was so close to that damn stage I could have taped slash's guitar I was that freakin close! At the very beginning of there show Duff went to Slash side of the stage where I was and he was playing his bass and I was rockin out to the music and sh--t right, well I look up at duff and he's lookin down at me and gave me this huge smile (I was in shock.) I smiled back then he kept playing his bass and every few mins he'd look at me uh it was great! (And it was like that through out the show.) Then Slash came back over and I was banging my head then he started banging his head and I totally got drenched with his sweat! I still havent washed my flanal that I wore to the show. I know a kinda nasty and weird but I dont care I got my idols sweat on my flanal! // 10

Overall Impression: At the witlern theatre in hollywood on june 8th 2004 was when I saw Revolver and I'll never forget that date! this band called living things opened for revolver and I thought they were pretty good but some of the audience didn't think so, they were saying stupid crap to the band. Like there was this one dude Who yelled out "High School Band" and the lead singer says "ya and I'm your high school b--tch" you know stupid crap like that but whatever that all passed. And then came Revolver. Man the show they put on was so amazing you couldn't even imagine! everyone from Revolver made eye contact with me more than once Scott sang to me while staring into my eyes Duff smiled at me it was just such a awsome experience! But two things pissed me off at that show, it had nothing to do with Revolver or living things performance. At the beginning of the show when revolver started playing Sucker Train Blues this chick comes out of no where and asks the dude beside me if she could stand by HIM so she could get a pic of Slash for her "boyfriend" and the idiot said ya so naturally I took up most of her space! mean ahh I really couldnt give a f--ck! I didn't want her taking my awsome spot I had right! Well I was right she stood there for like half the show trying to squeeze herself through. Adventually she got the hint that I wasnt going to move and left to where ever the hell she came from. Then right when the show was going to end slash through a guitar pick out to the crowd but it landed by one of the security guard that was by me so I asked HIM if I could have it and he said ya but hold on. So literally 3min later this blonde bimbo asks HIM if she could have the pick, the security dude looked at me picked it up then gave it to her I was just like what the?...and all he did was shrugs his sholders and say sorry ya like that would get me Slash's guitar pick a--hole! Anyhoo after the show was over the first thought that ran through my head was, rock n roll true rock n roll is coming back and its coming back with that same old f--ck you attitude. // 10

More Velvet Revolver reviews rating latest review