USA (New Jersey), December 4, 2004 Review

artist: velvet revolver date: 01/17/2005 category: live concerts
velvet revolver: USA (New Jersey), December 4, 2004
This was a radio concert held in New Jersey. The first few songs had somewhat poor sound quality, mainly becasue Duff's bass playing would drown out Slash's solos.
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (New Jersey), December 4, 2004 Reviewed by: soundrock31, on january 17, 2005

Sound: This was a radio concert held in New Jersey. The other bands were Chevelle, Papa Roach, Franz Ferdinand, Jimmy Eat World and Korn. I am not going to judge these bands indvidually, but the sound quality they had was pretty good (with the exception of Franz Ferdinand, Who where somewhat pathetic). When VR started to play, I was really amped up. The guy Who introduced HIM screamed "You wanted the best, well they didn't f--kin' make it. From Hollywood, Velvet Revolver!" The first few songs had somewhat poor sound quality, mainly becasue Duff's bass playing would drown out Slash's solos. At that point, I was a little disapionted. Towards the second half of their set, they pulled their s--t together and just blew me away. The one thing that suprised me was on one of the songs, Slash used a BC Rich guitar. He usually uses the Les Pauls, and when I think BC Rich, I usually think of a band like Slayer. // 6

Perfomance: OK, let me clear up something. The audience kinda sucked. 80% of the crowd were Korn fans. Other than Korn, they weren't into any of the other acts (not to say that Korn was bad, because they also put on a good show). But I didn't let that stop me from enjoying the show. Here is the set list: 01. Sucker Train Blues 02. Do It For The Kids 03. Headspace 04. Superhuman 05. Big Machine 06. Fall To Pieces 07. Set Me Free 08. It's So Easy 09. Sex Type Thing 10. Slither The crowd was most into Sex Type Thing, but their best song was their extended version of Set Me Free. // 10

Overall Impression: The show was at Continential Airline Arena in New Jersey on December 4, 2004. The cost for tickets was about $50 per ticket online. I went with my freind from Queens, and my frind Who has been to countless concerts (mainly because he was one of Anthrax's roadies in the '80s). We all enjoyed VR and had an awsome time. I had many unforgetable memories (that I rather not state). VR is one of my favorite bands. They're not too glam, and not too grunge, just straight up, rock and f--kin' roll. I hope that they are around for years to come. As for their next gig, well, if I had the money, I would see them on their spring tour, but I spent all my summer money on CD's and tickets to see Steve Vai (my next concert review). // 8

More Velvet Revolver reviews rating latest review