USA (Pittsburgh), May 18, 2005 Review

artist: velvet revolver date: 05/24/2005 category: live concerts
velvet revolver: USA (Pittsburgh), May 18, 2005
The sound at this concert was good but loud, really loud. The preformance was great, it was an awesome show. Scott came out with his thunderous vocals and a police suit as they began to play Sucker Train Blues. They played for a good two hours and played every single song on the Contraband album minus Loving The Alien.
 Perfomance: 9.3
 4.7
 9.3
reviews (3) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Pittsburgh), May 18, 2005 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 20, 2005

Sound: The sound at this concert was good but loud, really loud. Scott Sounded amazing and was the best that I have ever heard him. He hit almost every note perfectly. Slash was great and his solos were awesome, he used many different guitars, he came up there with BC Rich Mockingbird, gold topped Les Paul, and the sunburst Les Paul model. For some of the softer songs he used a double neck twelve string Gibson SG. The reason that I give this is a four is becuase it was way to loud. During STP's Crackerman I couldn't make out any of the music. Scott's vocals were lost in the song along with Slash's solo. But overall I enjoyed it greatly. // 8

Perfomance: The preformance was great, it was an awesome show. Scott came out with his thunderous vocals and a police suit as they began to play Sucker Train Blues. They played for a good two hours and played every single song on the Contraband album minus Loving The Alien. "Illigal I Song" got the crowed pumped up along with Set Me Free, in which Slash jammed around with a voice pedal. They also selected 2 GN'R songs 2 STP songs and 1 cover. They played It's So Easy toward the middle of the set and Mr. Brownstone toward the end. Everyone sounded great on those even Scott who had to replace Axl. They also played Crackerman and Sex Type Thing. Like I already said, crackerman was way to loud, but Sex Type Thing was excellent. I can't remember which song it was but in the middle of one Scott came out in the audience and walked through everyone all the way to this one projector and talked to us for a little. // 10

Overall Impression: The concert was in Pittsburgh (USA) on May 18, 2005 at Chevorlet Amphithetre and Modern Day Zero and Hoobastank opened. Much to my surprise Modern Day Zero was great. I had never heard of them before. The lead guitarist came down into the audience and I shook his hand and told him what a great show they put on. Hoobastank was average. The show was great and I payed 40 dollars for floor seats and I was very close. It was definitley worth the money. I would see them agian any time they come thats relatively close to me. And I would recomend that you don't miss a chance to see Velvet Revolver either. // 10

USA (Pittsburgh), May 18, 2005 Reviewed by: AC/DC Dude8, on may 21, 2005

Sound: It was good. VR sounded great, even though they were loud (but what's wrong with that). Modern Day Zero sounded great too. Hoobastank was different tho. They put on the third worst show I have evr seen (next to Good Charlotte and The Used). The need to turn it up a little. other than that, great. // 8

Perfomance: VR was absolutely amazing. Slash is the greatest guitarist ever and this show proved it. He had a 5 minute guitar solo. Dave Kushner often get over shadowed by Slash, he is really good too. Scott Weiland ran out into the crowed and gave us a speech about how Rock n' Roll is a two way street. that was the coolest part of that. Modern Day Zero was really good too. They are going to be a headlining act soon. Hoobastank, terrible. // 8

Overall Impression: This was in Pittsburgh PA (USA) at the Chevrolet Ampatheatre. It was on May 18, 2005. Modern Day Zero and Hoobastank opened. I Loved VR and ModernDay Zero, and loathed Hoobastank. I will without a question go to the next VR show. // 10

USA (Pittsburgh), May 18, 2005 Reviewed by: daanhimself21, on may 24, 2005

Sound: OK, the first dude up here must have been high. Hoobastank was unreal. Those guys are so freakin great. I have seen them 5 times and can say that that was one of their best performances. They played their best songs and I'm sure had an awesome time opening for their musical idols (STP, GNR). I would kill to be able to open for my favorite bands growing up. Velvet Revolver had an incredible show. The effects and stage props were so cool. They sounded amazing. // 10

Perfomance: Hoobastank had some naysayers in the crowd but what they're forgetting is that rock bands are allowed to write rock ballads. GN'R had some of the best in the early '90s so I don't understand why everyone can't accept "The Reason" as an incredible ballad. The best performances were "Running Away," "Same Direction", and "Pieces" is always a crowd-rocker. VR was unforgettable. Scott Weiland has the best front man presence ever. He is so crazy. It was awesome to hear GN'R/STP covers, too. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, kick-ass show. I couldn't have started off my summer any better than one of my favorite bands opening for some of the all-time greatest rock legends. I have total respect for Slash and Scott and the rest of the gang. I even got a pic with Kushner, Slash, and Duff before the show and Markku between sets. The only thing that would have made my night better was to meet Scott Weiland, Dan Estrin, Doug Robb, and Chris Hesse. // 10

More Velvet Revolver reviews rating latest review