USA (Wantagh), May 14, 2005 Review

artist: velvet revolver date: 08/11/2005 category: live concerts
velvet revolver: USA (Wantagh), May 14, 2005
This concert was just amazing. It wasn't studio quality - it was better. Scott's vocals held up the entire show and were great.
 Perfomance: 10
 7.8
 5.5
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Wantagh), May 14, 2005 Reviewed by: soundrock31, on august 11, 2005

Sound: We'll the last time I saw them, the sound balence was just way off. This concert, it was just amazing. It wasn't studio quality - it was better. Scott's vocals held up the entire show and were amazing. I could actually hear Slash's solos, which was huge plus (especially during the really long 10 minute solos). // 10

Perfomance: 01. Sucker Train Blues - the intro was done so well, it just created so much tension. When they entered the verse, it was just like this explosion from all the tension. 02. Do It For The Kids 03. Headspace 04. Superhuman - Scott's made some pretty funny comments before this song. He was like "This is about those select girls that keep you sane when on tour, and considering where in New York, I am sure there are a lot of girls here that we've dumped before." 05. Crackerman 06. Illegal I Song - amazing Slash's solo, he was playing a slow solo while using a Peter Frampton like talk box thing and was singing along with his playing. 07. Fall To Pieces 08. Dirty Little Thing - another great Scott comment "This next song is about the heires to a certian hotel chain." 09. Big Machine 10. It's So Easy 11. Sex Type Thing - there was a pause before the end of the song. The drums and bass kept going while Scott jumped into the heart of the audience and made this amazing speach. It was about how dirty record companies are the reason you don't her any new good bands. He made a really good point by saying "When I got my first record deal, there were 12 major record labels, now, there are three" and I got some food for thought along with my hard rock. 12. Set Me Free - my favorite song of the night. At the end of the song, they raised the tempo and then Slash had a guitar duel with Dave Kushner. Although Slash was awesome, I was suprised at how fast and good Dave could play. 13. Wish You Were Here - VR covering Pink Floyd, it was just amazing. It was like, no one expected that and they did such a good job with it too. 14. You Got No Right 15. Mr. Brownstone 16. Slither - great ending to an amazing show. // 10

Overall Impression: This review took me a long time to think out (3 months long), but the impression this concert made on me can not be expressed in words. If you look in my previous reviews, you can read the review I did for the last VR concert I went to. That concer in no way compared to the experience this was. This wasn't just some stupid Korn/Jimmy Eat World show that VR just decided to show up to, this was the Velvet Revolver night. The age of the people there ranged from 10 to 45+. It's truely amazing just how I felt at this concert. Best concert I've been to ever, beats Metallica, B.B. King, everything. I even got to meet a drummer waiting online for tickets, and now, I'm in a band with him. Just a great night, girl's tits, adreniline pumping from music, headbanging with my long hair, just great stuff. Oh yeah, the tickets, were $15! For the best concert I've ever been to, that is just to good to be true. Almost forgot, Hoobastank opened, but I was outside talking to a Slash lookalike. // 10

More Velvet Revolver reviews rating latest review