USA (Dallas), June 24, 2005 Review

artist: Warped Tour date: 06/27/2005 category: live concerts
Warped Tour: USA (Dallas), June 24, 2005
The varied sound really contributes to what makes Warped Tour. Everyone from The Offspring to The Bled all sounded great.
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Dallas), June 24, 2005 Reviewed by: Ambulance X, on june 27, 2005

Sound: The sound of the Warped Tour is so expansive. It includes (but isn't limited to) rap, hardcore, emocore, emo, screamo, punk, pop punk, folk punk, power metal, and indie. The varied sound really contributes to what makes Warped Tour. Another aspect is how the bands sound. And at my show, they all sounded great. Everyone from The Offspring to The Bled all sounded great. Even the bands everyone says are horrible live were great. // 10

Perfomance: The performances, for the most part, were great and flawless. Although, a few bands did mess up, but still sounded good. My personal favorite was The Offspring. They had an amazing set with a huge stage presence. Noodles and Dexter were constantly talking and my favorite was when Dex asked Noodles "Hey Noodles, you wanna know why this show is so great?" and Noodles replies "I already know why! It's because these kids kick our f--ing asses!" There was constant on stage humor and even a hinting about coming back to Texas. Another memorable moment was My Chemical Romance's set. Although I'm not a huge fan, they did a good job, but there was about 10 minutes where Gerard flipped out because a girl fell over. It took him about 10 minutes to say something to the effect of "Pick her the f--k up!" and he kept telling the crowd to take steps back and pick people up. He was pretty involved with the safety of the crowd. All the performances I went to were incredible, even Fall Out Boy, whom I'm not a huge fan of. No matter what band I saw, there was always a huge stage presence and great performance. // 10

Overall Impression: I saw the Warped Tour at the Smirnoff Centre in Dallas and it was boiling. A total change from last year, when it rained. Although it was hot, it didn't deter from the fact that this was great and probably one of the best Warped Tour in years past. All the shows were superb and for a mere $30, you got to see over 70 bands. The one thing I didn't like was the placement of the stages. This year, they put the main stages far away from each other, unlike the side-to-side format they had last year. However, if I had the opportunity to go to another Warped Tour this year, I wouldn't waste a minute thinking about it. This is a great show for anyone that has tastes in mainstream punk rock to underground hardcore. I reccomend it to everyone. // 10

More Warped Tour reviews rating latest review