USA (San Diego), June 30, 2005 Review

artist: Warped Tour date: 07/02/2005 category: live concerts
Warped Tour: USA (San Diego), June 30, 2005
All the singers sounded great. The audience was going nuts, especially during Senses Fail's set.
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (San Diego), June 30, 2005 Reviewed by: im not mental, on july 02, 2005

Sound: All the singers sounded great. I was especially pleased with how well M. Shadows from A7X did all their old songs with no screaming. They used all types of instruments. Hawthorne Heights were incredibly loud. You could hear them all the way from the parking lot, and they were on the main stage (even though I don't like them). There wasn't any real problem with the sound (except that something went wrong with Silverstein's bass). It was overall great. // 10

Perfomance: Oh man, the audience was going nuts, especially during Senses Fail's set. I had to get out of the audience cause I almost couldn't breathe. During the Dropkick Murphys' set they invited a bunch of people from the audience on stage and they got a random guy to sing one of their songs. My friend was crowd surfing too. I'm not going to list every song because there are too many, I can't really remember all of em, and I heard most of the songs for the first song. But they all put on great shows. // 10

Overall Impression: The show was at the Coors Amphitheater parking lot in San Diego, CA on June 30, 2005. Here's who I saw: Underoath - I got there in time only to catch the last 2 songs in their set, which were "A Boy Brushed Red... Living In Black" and White, and "Young And Aspiring." But it was still great. Silverstein - I only recognized "Smashed Into Pieces," and the bass failed at one point, but they still put on a great show and the audience was going nuts. But because of them I missed The Transplants. My Chemical Romance - I thought they were going to suck really bad, but they were actually kinda decent. Plus, they got to play 10 minutes longer. MxPx - I had to watch em from a distance since I was went to get a good spot for Senses Fail, but they were still really good, even though I only recognized "The Darkest Places" and "Punk Rawk Show." Senses Fail - the crowd was absolutely going nuts. They were crushing me and a bunch of crowd surfers kept hitting me in the head. So I left to get some water and watched the rest of the set from a distance. They are absolutely incredible. Avenged Sevenfold - they were nothing short of incredible. It was especially interesting to hear Shadows doing his old stuff with no screaming. They only got to play 6 songs, but I loved every minute. Thrice - Thrice were actually a bit disappointing. They played about 3 new songs and a few songs off The Artist In The Ambulance. I think they just wanted to play and get it over with. I wish they did better. The Offspring - God yes this was awesome. It was also another disappointment, but mainly because the offspring have so many good songs and they only had 30 minutes to play. They didn't play "Pretty Fly For A White Guy," but they did play "Come Out And Play," "The Kids Aren't Alright," and "Staring At The Sun." It was still cool. Atreyu - these guys rocked. They played a bunch of stuff off The Curse, 2 songs off Suicide Notes, and a cover of Bon Jovi's "You Give Love A Bad Name." They played bleeding mascara a lot slower than on the album, but they did good on the rest of their songs. Everyone was Screaming, "Live! Love! Burn! Die!" during their last song, "Lip Gloss And Black." No Use For A Name - I watched em from a distance because I wanted to catch my breath before watching the Dropkick Murphys. They still put on a hell of a show and covered "The Summer Of '69." Dropkick Murphys - I only recognized "The Gauntlet," "Sunshine Highway," "Finnegan's Wake," and "Amazing Grace," but they absolutley kicked ass. Near the end of their set, they invited some random guy to sing one of their songs, and on their last song, they invited a bunch of people on stage to just party. But, before they started, Fall Out Boy was playing on the other stage, and the Dropkicks couldn't start until they finished. They went about 5 minutes over in their set and when they finally finished, all the Murphys crowd was cheering and yelling, "Let's go Murphys!" That was the perfect end to the show. I loved all the bands. I hated all the 10 year old girls who showed up only to see MCR, the fact that I missed the transplants, and that the Senses fail crowd was too rowdy. The ticket was worth $17.24, and it was worth much more than that. The most unforgettable moments were Atreyu's "Lip Gloss And Black," The Murphys inviting everyone on stage, A7X's entire set, The Offspring's "The Kids Aren't Alright," and "Come Out And Play," and Senses Fail's set. I am definetely going again next year if the bands are as good as this. // 10

More Warped Tour reviews rating latest review