USA (San Francisco), July 8, 2006 Review

4.9
 9.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
USA (San Francisco), July 8, 2006 Reviewed by: im not mental, on july 10, 2006

Sound: The sound of almost all the bands was flawless. You could hear every singer/instrument perfectly. What's even better was that it was it was open air, so my ears didn't ring that much afterward. // 10

Perfomance: Everyone in the crowds for the bands I saw was having a great time. We were all just enjoying ourselves on the pier and we could not have been happier. Here's the bands I saw: Escape The Fate - I had never heard of these guys, but they were pretty damn good. Underoath - fantastic. This was my second time seeing them. They had so much energy and it really rubbed off on the crowd. We were singing along to almost every song, and afterwards, I got them to autograph a poster for me! Senses Fail - I saw them for the second time from a distance because I was waiting in line for an Underoath autographed, but they kicked ass, as usual, and played some songs from their upcoming album, Still Searching, as well as some favorites from Let It Enfold You, like "Rum Is For Drinking," "Buried A Lie," (which, according to them is Billy Idol's favorite song) and "You're Cute When You Scream." Anti-Flag - hell yeah, these guys rocked. There was this huge circle pit going on, and the guys in the band loved it. Everyone was going crazy during songs like "Die For Your Government," and "Fuck Police Brutality." Anti-Flag alone made the day worth the ticket price. Rise Against - they absolutely tore it up. I love Rise Against, and seeing them live was amazing. The crowd was going nuts. There were only two problems with their set: it was going on at the same time as Every Time I Die, and I lost my autographed Underoath poster! But, afterwards, I got an autographed ETID poster (and I might be in their upcoming DVD) and I got my ticket autographed by Rise Against. Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I heard her playing while I was waiting in line to meet Every Time I Die, and she sounded really good. She played crowd favorites like "Bad Reputation" and "I Love Rock & Roll." The Bouncing Souls - I caught the last of their set after meeting Rise Against, and they were lots of fun. I got in the circle pit and it was a perfect end to a great day. // 10

Overall Impression: USA, San Francisco, CA at Pier 30/32 on July 8, 2006. I loved seeing and meeting Rise Against and Underoath, seeing Anti-Flag, and meeting Every Time I Die. I hated the fact that Rise Against and Every Time I Die were playing at the same time, and that I lost my Underoath poster. The ticket cost $30, and it was definitely worth it, thanks to Anti Flag, Rise Against, and Underoath. Unforgettable moments included the HUGE circle pit during Anti Flag, meeting Underoath, Rise Against, and Every Time I Die, and Rise Against and Underoath's sets. I most likely will go next year, but hopefully in San Diego, because the San Francisco stop ended at 7:00 (as opposed to 10:30 in San Diego) so less bands got to play. It was still a great show though. // 9

More Warped Tour reviews rating latest review