USA (Texas), June 24, 2007 Review

artist: wolfmother date: 06/28/2007 category: live concerts
wolfmother: USA (Texas), June 24, 2007
The audience went wild when Wolfmother took the stage. They played every song on their album except Witchcraft.
 Perfomance: 10
 8.5
review (1) 6 comments vote for this concert:
USA (Texas), June 24, 2007 Reviewed by: himynameisjay, on june 28, 2007

Sound: I went to the Wolfmother concert at Warehouse Live in Houston. It was by far the best concert I've ever been to. Andrew's voice sounded perfect the whole time. Even his big wail at the intro of dimension sounded just like the album. He used his main Vintage sunburst SG, his Gretsch, an ES 335, and a Vintage red SG. His solos as well as the bassist's keyboard solos were perfect, and I even think a couple of times Andrew was just improvising. // 10

Perfomance: The audience went wild when Wolfmother took the stage. We had waited an extremely long time for even the opening band, the Softlightes, which was not very good by the way. They were a humble soft rock band playing for a crowd that was there for some raw, hard rock. They played every song on their album except Witchcraft, I believe. It was a very straight forward show, with Andrew talking to the crowd only a couple of times. I was in the mosh pit almost the whole time and the small venue made it a very personal show. // 10

Overall Impression: The show was in Houston, Texas, USA at Warehouse Live on June 24, 2007. I loved everything about the show, but I think they should get a different opening band that suits their style more. The Softlightes was the type of band my mom would listen to. The tickets cost $23 dollars each; it was definitely worth the money. Also, I'd like to add that Andrew had grown out his facial hair and his afro, and he was wearing light blue mascara which looked pretty cool even though I was freaked out by it at first. I'll definitely be the first person to buy tickets to their next show in Houston! // 10

More Wolfmother reviews rating latest review
+ Canada (Winnipeg), February 27, 2008 4.9 03/27/2008