USA (Sayreville), November 30, 2005 Review

9.1
 9.7
 8.5
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
USA (Sayreville), November 30, 2005 Reviewed by: Angus Malmsteen, on december 22, 2005

Sound: Dougie was great on vocals, really good vocal tonal clarity. Yngwie used his typical late-'70s Fender Strat with his signature scalloped fretboard. He had amazing tone and he played everything flawlessly. I was very impressed. The band was Yngwie Malmsteen on guitars and vocals, Dougie White on vocals, Mick Cervino on bass, Patrik Johansson on drums, and Nick Marinovich was on the keyboards. // 9

Perfomance: The show was well worth every penny. One part I loved was how Yngwie would just constantly throw picks into the audience, but I never got one. They played some songs from Rising Force, Trilogy, and I'm pretty sure he played stuff from his newer album. They also played "Red House" by Jimi Hendrix and Yngwie sung, too. At pretty much the end of the show, Yngwie just went nuts. He was up there doing a solo section and then he was throwing his guitar all sorts of ways and swung it around, he did all these guitar tosses, and he ground the strings on the monitors up front (I almost got to touch his headstock) and on the tops of his Marshalls, and then he finally just snapped the strings off with his bare hands. He is a true showman and performer. // 10

Overall Impression: The concert was on Wednesday November 30th, in Sayreville, NJ at the Starland Ballroom. My uncle took me to go see the band for my birthday, which is December 1st. We went late because we just wanted to see Yngwie, we didn't really care about the opening band, so we went later but I got front row anyway (it was general admission so I ran up front) so I don't know the name of them and there were no banners or anything of them, nonetheless they weren't too bad. I was just completely impressed with everything. There was some great showmanship and playing from everybody in the band. I couldn't be more satisfied. It was a phenominal show and I can't wait till he comes around the NJ area soon again, I'll be there. // 10

More Yngwie Malmsteen reviews rating latest review