USA (Tampa), October 29, 2005 Review

artist: yngwie malmsteen date: 11/02/2005 category: live concerts
yngwie malmsteen: USA (Tampa), October 29, 2005
However when Yngwie started playing the acoustic you could really hear his ability to play. Yngwie is taller than you would think, the roadie measured his mic by setting it to the top of his head.
 Perfomance: 7
 5.9
 5.8
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
USA (Tampa), October 29, 2005 Reviewed by: rayIII, on november 02, 2005

Sound: This was overall a good experience for me. However, the singing was more just yelling. There were 20 cabs with 20 heads that took up half of the stage (it was a small venue). IMO it was much, much too loud and it was difficult to make out anything being played or sang. However when Yngwie started playing the acoustic you could really hear his ability to play. He used his yellow Fender Strat and an acoustic I couldn't make out from where I was. He would play a song, toss around the Strat, and get another one. // 4

Perfomance: I enjoyed the show. Yngwie is taller than you would think, the roadie measured his mic by setting it to the top of his head. The only songs I could make out were: 01. Far Beyond The Sun - greatly done, easily my favorite performance of the night, great solo, incredibly drums and bass as well 5/5. 02. Never Die - not so good. very good guitar solo but nothing else to distinguish this from any other noise 2/5. 03. Evil Eye - my favorite instrumental of anyone however not played so well 3/5. 04. Acoustic Guitar Solo - great guitar playing; truly showed skill by playing an acoustic like he did with an electric hanging from his back. Sorry but this was just too loud. I couldn't distinguish what was music and what was feedback. // 7

Overall Impression: USA, Tampa, FL; State Theater, 10/29/05. The opener was a band out of Brandon called French Toast. They are instrumental and played for 45 minutes. They were good but I think they got more time than they deserved. I love how anxious you get waiting for the artist to come out. Then its great when they due (especially after a two-hour wait). The tickets were $15 USD. It was definately worth the money. I got an autographed shirt so I now have something to remember the experience. The most unforgettable moment of the show was probably when the lead singer's mic went out and everyone cheered. You gotta feel sorry for the guy but IMO it mad the songs better. It was a fun experience however I don't feel the need to see him again because I already have (and my ears hurt). // 7

More Yngwie Malmsteen reviews rating latest review